CHAPTER 9

Ryu sits across his trainee, Miyeon. She came to his office because of her debut delay.

"I have nothing to give you." Ryu said to her, refusing her request. "I have other trainees that has better quality than you."

"that's nonsense. I got offers even before I debuted. That's not fair." She argued.

"I don't want to ruin the agency's reputation by debuting a model with your attitude." Ryu looks at her.

"really? Because of that?" she scoffs. "so, you admit my skills?"

"you need to learn how to respect people. I'm doing this for your own good." Ryu said sternly, rather calm.

"oh, well. I know I can outmatch other trainees. You'll regret this." Miyeon then leave the room.

After some time, Felix comes in. he sits in front of him.

"how's it?" he asked.

"if she continued to act like that, the staff will be stressed out. not to mention the other trainees." Ryu explained. "I can't debut a model like that."

"the problem is... companies want to make contracts. They're waiting for her."

"I know." Ryu thinks again. "just give her small schedules. Don't give her any contract."

"alright. I'll keep an eye on her behaviour."

-

Yeji enters the Shin's mansion after a maid let her in.

"Mr. Shin is not here currently. May I call Mrs. Shin instead?" the maid asked while serving her a drink.

"oh. I guess it's my fault. I haven't informed him beforehand." Yeji smiles at her. "If Mrs. Shin is available, then, sure."

Yeji waits for some minutes before Nayeon finally came out of her room with a small smile.

"what brings you here?" Nayeon sits on the couch across her.

"I was actually here to see Ryu. But since he's not here, I can just see you instead." Yeji said with a smile. "I haven't ben able to contact him."

"why? Aren't you guys already close?" Nayeon asked. "is he that busy?"

"very busy. That's why I wanna check on him today."

"oh, that's great, right? I can see him getting more than his father. I hope he can really focus on that before anything else." Nayeon responded calmly.

"by anything else, you mean..."

"his luck in romance has always been awful. I used to tell him to just focus on himself first. He's getting better on that instead of getting distracted by having a crush or fall in love with other artist. I can't really know his feelings, right? I just don't want him to waste his time on something like that." Nayeon explained.

Hearing that, Yeji feels sorry for Ryu. So that's what made him angry that night. He must have a lot of pressure from her. though, she can't blame her.

"don't you wanna have grandkids? I'm sure Ryu wants to have a family in the future."

"not in the near future. I do want grandkids. But, I want them to have a good life. So, I'll make sure that Ryu can provide that for his family." Nayeon replied. "I've learned."

"oh... that's... a good plan." Yeji now understands how this family works. "do you know where he is?"

"probably at his penthouse. I let him work on his own I'm too old to take care of him like a kid." Nayeon stifles a laugh. "as his friend, I want you to support him. he's pretty reticent about his personal life. How's the other two? I heard from Wonpil that your two friends are in a relationship?"

"yes, they are." Yeji smiles. "they're living together now."

"what about you?"

"I have a candidate." Nayeon's question startled Yeji. "but he's not available yet."

"he must be lucky that you choose him. you're a good woman. I heard from your uncle." Nayeon smiles at her. "you can try to go to his penthouse. He should be done with his schedules at the agency by now."

"oh. thank you, ma'am. Sorry to interrupt your time."

-

Yeji decided to just go up straight to Ryu's penthouse through the elevator. she steps out of the elevator and go to the living room.

"oh... I'm sorry." She said right after she saw Karina and Ryu chatting on the living room.

"what are you doing here? You should tell me beforehand. I could've had an important guest, Yeji." Ryu stands up. he said stern but with a calm expression.

"I thought- your mother and I thought that you're working..." Yeji raised an eyebrow.

"I thought I should be done with it at this hour." Ryu talks back. "you talked to my mother?"

"is there another guest?" Yujin comes out of a room. "oh... hey Yeji."

"I think we should just go. Thanks for letting us visit." Karina stands up, walking towards Yujin.

Yeji feels guilty to think that Ryu is back with her. soon, Ryu and Yeji are left alone.

"great. I told you to just give me time, Yeji. What makes you think you can come to my houses as you please? without me knowing, also." Ryu sighs, sitting back at the couch.

"I missed you." Yeji slowly walks to the couch across him, siting down, still keeping an eye on Ryu.

Ryu looks around the room. he wants to give up on everything that he's feeling towards Yeji. It is hard, indeed. especially, when Yeji is here right now. he can't stay mad at her but he just thought it's useless to pursue her when they're not on the same path.

"do you want me to leave?" up until now, Yeji can't read him. "if you do, then, I want to say some things." Yeji looks at him closely. "I'm aware that I was acting recklessly, following my own impulsive mind. I was very wrong for that, for treating you like that. I don't know how many times do I have to say sorry." Yeji clears her dried throat, getting nervous on what she's about to say. "you were right, Ryu. I was doubting you. I'm too impatient. But, now I understand the reason why you did this and it made me feel guilty even more to doubt you." Yeji let out a long breath. "I'm not expecting you to let me back into your life. I know I don't deserve it. I just wanna let you know that I really regret everything I've done."

Ryu listens to her. though, his mind is a mess. 'so we're over?' he thought. It huts him to see this side of Yeji. Regardless of how her past relationship goes, he didn't think that Yeji can be this collected, thinking clearly about this. while, Ryu is still contemplating.

"if you need some time to think, I will be absent from now on. I hope you have a good day." Yeji stands up.

Ryu let out a long sigh. He leans back on the couch. Thinking about what her mother used to say, that his love life is always a bummer. Up until now, he never know what's wrong with him to have this kind of life.