CHAPTER 6

For about six months, Ryu and Yeji grew apart. The minimal time they spent only contacting each other online made it hard for them to keep up.

To make up all that wasted time, Ryu was planning on surprising her by coming to her apartment. He found out about it from her.

Ryu bought some gifts and cute merch for Yeji from his schedules abroad. He's currently on his way to Yeji's apartment. It's a bit early for him to visit but he already asked her mother about it. He's allowed to come anytime.

Ryu finally stands before the door. He pressed on the bell, hoping Yeji has already awake.

"we didn't order a service."

Ryu's head tilts up. a voice of a man enters his ear. He take a good look at him for a moment. Looks like he just woke up from what he's wearing. He's as tall as him, have the same body type, also similar hairstyle.

 He's as tall as him, have the same body type, also similar hairstyle

"who are you?" he asked, confused.

Before Ryu can reply, he heard Yeji's voice from inside.

"Jake? Who is it?" Yeji shows up behind him.

Ryu looks down, smiling to himself. He looks up again, looking at both of them back and forth. He looks away again, scoffing in disbelieve. Though, he has to act appropriate.

"I'm here to drop this. a gift from Mrs. Shin." He gave Jake the bags that he brought. It's true that those stuff he bought when he's with his mother.

Ryu looks at Yeji in the eye then turns around. He walks away from the apartment, staring at the carpet flooring.

"Ryu!"

Of course, he heard her. he continues to walk but slows down. he then feels a grip on his upper arm. He did stop, but he can't bear to look at her face.

"I'm sorry."

Ryu looks up, feeling like his chest had been stabbed multiple times by a dull blade. He turns his head to the side, taking a glimpse of Yeji behind him. all sorts of thoughts runs on his mind. Without saying anything, Ryu snatched away his arm, leaving Yeji.

-

Yeji can only sit down on her couch with Jake.

"oh, please, Yeji. He has no time for you! think about it!" Jake huffs. "I can't be your rebound. If I'm here to just fill your loneliness, you can just get a pet or something."

"I'm sorry." Yeji looks down.

"can you stop saying that? you've been saying sorry for like, what? Three? Four hours? gosh, I can't believe we slept on the same bed." Jake cupped his face, letting out a long breath. "so everything is fake, right? you act nice so I can stay?"

Yeji has no other thought than to apologize to Ryu and explain everything. Instead of replying to him, she starts opening the gifts from Ryu.

"can we talk first?" Jake leans closer to get her attention. "I don't like how he treated you, Yeji. He think that he can buy you stuff after leaving you like that?"

Yeji found some small notes on every gift. He wrote that he might forgot why each item reminds him of her so he wrote it down. Yeji reads them one by one.

"you're right, Jake. He can." Yeji paused, continues the reading. "he can leave and comeback even without any gifts."

"did you hear yourself?" Jake furrowed his eyebrows. "do you realize how selfish he is?"

"you don't know him." Yeji shook her head lightly.

"alright. I'm leaving." Jake stands up. "go back to your beloved boy. Have fun."

Yeji just ignores him. though, some words from Jake made it in to her head.

-

Few days passed; Yeji just got the time to visit Chaeryeong.

Yeji pressed the bell on her bestfriend's apartment door. Soon, Chaeryeong let her in. she already knows what happened.

"I told you." Chaeryeong sit on the couch, followed by Yeji.

"I'm tired of waiting. I need his certainty, Chae. I know Jeong is busy too but you guys can make it clear and work it out. right? what about us? he's so caught up on himself sometimes I feel like he forget about me."

"I know, Yeji. I doubt Jeong sometimes. But you can't just compare our relationship. If I'm being honest, you're not wrong. You guys aren't committed to something. You can still accept your parent's offer." Chaeryeong rubs her back.

"that didn't help. I feel like I betrayed him. which I do, really." Yeji sighs. "I need to find a way to talk to him."

"just go, then. your way. Usually, you'll just go straight to him."

"oh, I don't think he wants to talk to me." Yeji let out a nervous laugh. "he won't even look at me, Chae."

Just then, someone enters the apartment.

"that's so cool! I can meet them, then?" Jeong clumsily takes off his shoes. "hey, Yeji!" he shortly greeted. "yeah, she's here."

Yeji looks at him, following where he goes.

"take a shower, Jeong." Chaeryeong said to his boyfriend.

"I just got home, bro. I'll see if I can make it. I'll call you later." Jeong then hangs up the call. "he's with his movie friends. He said I can join." Jeong walks towards the two from behind the couch. "can I go?" Jeong plants a kiss on top of Chaeryeong's head.

"you just got home." Chaeryeong looks up. "where is it?"

"a bar on YYY street. Not far from here." Jeong then looks at Yeji. "I can tell you what's up with him. if you want some updates."

"please?" Yeji looks up at him.

"alright." Jeong looks back at Chaeryeong. "I'll be home before midnight, baby."

-

Ryu is having a nice chat with Eunseo. Companied with a drink made them closer and more relaxed.

"I told you, mate. It's on me. we can't really have fun back then with the movie crews." Eunseo laughs a little.

"don't you have to work tomorrow?" Ryu stifles a laugh.

"money comes to me, man. I have other things other than acting. I'm sure you do too." he sips his drink. "your life would be boring to only think about work. We can have a lot more than that."

"ah, sure." Ryu swirls his glass.

"hey guys!" Jennie greeted. Behind her is none other than Jeong following. "I met him outside. Said he's your friend." Jennie looks at Ryu. She then immediately sits beside him.

Jeong calmly sits beside Eunseo.

"hey, mate. Nice to meet ya. I'm Eunseo."

"I'm Minjeong, call me Jeong only." Jeong take his hand to shake. "I'm a fan of your work."

"why, thank you. I'm a fan of your look tonight." Eunseo teased. "no homo, brother."

"you're scaring him, Eunseo." Jennie laughed a little. "it's on you, right? did you guys have enough drink?"