CHAPTER 29

"you guys wouldn't get it." Yeji smiles proudly.

Meanwhile, Ryu is casually drinking and looking around. Looking back at it again, this prom still looks boring, but when they dance, it seems like his mind travels away to a place where it's only the both of them. Even when all eyes on them, Ryu managed to focus himself on Yeji, being less worried of people around them.

"let's hear it from him then." Jeong crossed his legs, intertwining his own hands, and put it on top of his knee.

"it was nice." Ryu sips his drink. He then looks at the time. he supposed that Yuna's prom is ending. He checks some texts from Han. Turns out, the prom already ended but Yuna hasn't come out yet. "excuse me." Ryu stands up, going outside the building.

Yeji decided to follow him since he looks a little concerned about something. Aside from that reason, Yeji is just that nosey. Especially to someone she's close with and attracted to. With Ryu being both, she can be a little straightforward.

Ryu is leaning on the wall beside, not far from the entrance. He's on a call with Han, telling him to check on Yuna. Yeji slowly approaches him, standing beside him.

"make sure she's really back. check inside if needed." Ryu looks to the side, finally notices Yeji. "tell me when you found her."

"do you have a secret job or something? You sound serious." Yeji leans on the wall on her shoulder.

"it's Yuna." Ryu constantly checks his phone.

"what's up with her?"

"she should be done with the prom but she hasn't come out yet." Ryu replied, not looking up from his phone. "ah... this kid." Ryu furrowed his eyebrows. He then calls Han again. "get her out of there. I'm on my way."

Yeji just looking at him confused. He looks worried.

"I gotta go. Can you tell them? I'll see you around." Ryu unconsciously ruffles her head.

Yeji watch him leave to his car, greeted by Wonpil, and drives off. She's stoned, not able to say a thing. His small gesture makes her belly feels funny. She squeals and jumps like a little girl.

"you good? Where's he?" Jeong leans on the wall beside her.

"this is the best night ever!" Yeji grabs both of Jeong's shoulder.

"I know, I know. you have a crush on him, yada, yada, yada. So, what? You'll probably be on the news tomorrow." Jeong looks at her. "Shin Ryujin, the infamous model, having a romantic night at prom with one of his classmates or something. I don't really read the news." Jeong stifles a laugh.

"did you just mock me?" Yeji squinted her eyes. "where is Chae?"

"inside." Jeong takes out his phone.

"I'm serious. I've never been so happy. He's like... not like any other boys that I've considered my type." Yeji looks up, leaning on the wall.

"of course, he's not. he's an artist, model, famous. You? you need to fix your standards." Jeong jokes around. "if I'm being honest, I'm lucky to be his friend. He's a little hard to work with. Ya know... his mysterious trait and low sense of humour." Jeong shrugs. "all I know is... he's really fighting for his life." Jeong looks to the side. "not literally. But, you get what I mean."

Yeji looks down, listening to him attentively. Not long after, Chaeryeong walks out of the building.

"sorry. Did you wait too long?" she said to Jeong.

"not at all. I'd wait for you for the whole night if you want." Jeong smirks. "call your driver. Let's go home. You can dream about him later." He said to Yeji.

-

"please... I did this for you, Yuna. Don't be like this." Ryu tried to reason with his dear sister.

"dragging me away from my friends? Totally cool, Ryujin." Yuna folds her arms, not looking at Ryu a bit since they start talking.

"are they really your friends or Kai's?" Ryu sighs. "if he's really a good boyfriend, he will take you home, protect you. not taking you to a club, bar, going out late. What was that all about?"

Yuna keeps on avoiding eye contact. She feels angry but on the other hand, also guilty.

"if something happened to you, I don't think I can forgive myself. I want you to understand that I have no bad intention. I let you go out all you want, right? I'm hoping you can really know your limit. I trust you." Ryu leans back. "just... think about what you did. I have a schedule tomorrow."

Ryu walks towards the stairs.

"I really wish you can be more like dad. no matter how hard you try to replace him, it'll be impossible." Yuna also rushes to the stairs, walking past him, and going up to her room.

The fact that Yuna sees him like that hurts him. he just wanted to protect her. not to replace their father. Although, he thought he should act like him since he's the only man in the family.

Ryu decided to just give her time. he knows that Yuna is not used to being controlled. Especially when she's about to enter high-school, he needs to give her time to fully grow and enjoy her youth. Unlike him who's already working since elementary school.

"Yuna." Ryu peeks inside her room. he sees that Yuna doesn't look at him. "I'll be in the penthouse. I'll give you your freedom."