CHAPTER 13

Another year has passed, things already looking great both for Ryu and Yeji. Ryu haven't heard anything from Minho. He heard that he's still hiding, scared of facing the consequences of what he did. Ryu can be a little relaxed but he's already used to the responsible of protecting Yeji. At least that's what he promised himself and her father.

Ryu and Yeji are currently looking for a place to eat. Spending their nights together became their new habit. Both of them aren't rushing anything nor pushing each other.

"I have a movie project offer." Ryu glanced at Yeji. "I'll be away for a year. The shooting will be in France."

"I..." Yeji gets uneasy. "I'll speak to my dad." Yeji looks down. "when is it?"

"next week."

"okay."

Ryu hates to go. His mother encouraged him to take the offer saying that this is his chance to grow. But, leaving Yeji for his work was a hard decision to make.

"I'll still call you." Ryu tried to reassure her.

"I know." Yeji too, gets used to Ryu's company. "don't worry. I'll be okay with the guards."

A lot of worries crosses Ryu's mind. Minho might still be around, waiting for Ryu to be away from Yeji. His guts tells him to stay but he still has to live his life. Even though he considers Yeji more than his friend, he still haven't made it clear to her.

Suddenly, Yeji takes his hand, intertwining them.

"I know you have a lot to think about. Please don't let the thought of me disturb your work." Yeji giggles, cheering him up.

"right."

-

Yeji and Ryu walks through the airport, stopping at the gate before Ryu go.

"are you okay with them? They know who you are." Ryu asked, looking at some reporters and paparazzi that's waiting for him.

"well, let them know. are you still scared?" Yeji smiles through her mask.

They're both wearing a casual outfit, so Yeji can be anyone on the camera.

"it's not like that." Ryu then pulls her in for a loving hug. "I'll miss you."

Yeji froze. She didn't think that Ryu can be this bold in public. She can feel her cheeks heated up.

"see? I'm not scared. I think about you. if you want our relationship to be public, I can do that." Ryu smiles at her.

"relationship?" Yeji raised an eyebrow. Yeji starts playing hard to get.

"ah, I think I'm gonna miss my flight if I stay here too long." Ryu rubs his neck. "see you in a year, I guess."

Yeji giggles at his cuteness.

"alright! Have a safe... trip? Shoot? Be good. Don't cheat!" Yeji pointed her finger at Ryu.

Ryu stifles a laugh. He soon walks away from Yeji's sight after saying their goodbyes.

-

Hyunbin visits Yeji at her company. since Ryu is not able to accompany her personally, he decided to give her a personal guard, just until Ryu comes back.

"here's his profile. He'll be here this evening. Just like Ryu, he'll be with you 24/7." The man explained, sliding the document on Yeji's desk.

"alright." Yeji takes the document and read it briefly. "Kang Seulgi. 35. Wow. He got great reputation."

"of course. the best for my baby." Hyunbin smiles at her. "okay then. I'll leave you to him. I have to work harder before I retire." He sighs. "oh. one more. I bought you an apartment. Use it for whatever you like and maybe you can move there."

"thank you, dad." Yeji smiles at him.

Yeji decided to walks around the company. she checks the studios, offices, and lastly going to the café.

After ordering some drinks, she hangs out at the café for a little bit. She then calls Chaeryeong to just chat about her day. she usually shared that with Ryu.

"Chae~" she whines.

"what? I'm busy."

"no you're not." Yeji chuckles. "I miss him already!"

"so you called me?"

"are you really busy?" Yeji can hear her tired voice.

"I'm just stressed out about something. Anyway, you can just call him, right?"

"oh, yeah. But I'll disturb his shooting. This is his debut in a movie so I want him to focus." Yeji said as her drink being delivered. "my dad hired a guard for me. he seems very experienced."

"that's good, right? you won't be alone while Ryu is away."

"yeah, but I can't do anything like I did with him. that's a bummer." Yeji stirs her drink with its thin straw.

"it's just a year. You won't feel it."

"well, I hope so. I'll come by your place tomorrow. I want some free time already."

"alright. Is that all? we'll talk again later, okay?"

"sure. bye!"

Ending the call, Yeji goes back to her office. Upon entering the room, a presence of a male came to her view. He's just sits on the couch, sipping his drink and reading a magazine.

"um... hello?" Yeji walks in front of him, sitting across him.

"oh, Ms. Hwang." He stands up, fixing his posture. "I'm Seulgi, Kang, at your service." He bowed a little, showing her a sweet charming smile.

" He bowed a little, showing her a sweet charming smile

Yeji is flattered. She's never seen anyone as charming as Ryu until now. she returns the smile.

"please sit down." Yeji puts her leg on top of another. "I heard you've guarded people from the government before."

"yes. I've been a bodyguard for about fifteen years. Alone and with my team." Seulgi replied. His smile never seem to fade.

"so you're alone now?"

"yes. Pretty much. Mr. Hwang wants me only." Seulgi sips his drink. "oh, is there any way you wanna be companied?"

"not really. You can be a little casual with me." Yeji smiles at him. "you can call me by my name too. since you're older."

"okay, then, Yeji. If you have another request, you can just tell me. I don't like being too... strict about something. As long as I'm doing my job."

"okay then. looking forward to your work."