CHAPTER 6

Arriving at Yeji's mansion, Ryu stands in front of her front door. He tidies up his hair and clothes to make him more presentable.

"good evening, sir. They're already inside." A maid greeted her then letting him in.

He walks in nervously. One hand holding a bouquet of flowers, the other holding a box of gift for Yeji's mother.

"hey!" Yeji runs a little to him. she tiptoes and plants at peck on his cheek. Yeji can see that Ryu's cheeks are getting red. "you're blushing."

"I'm aware." Ryu awkwardly giggles. "good evening, ma'am. Minho." Ryu looked at the woman then to the man sitting on the other side.

"so you're my competitor now?" Minho raised an eyebrow. "you're gonna take her?"

"is that how you talk about people? They're not some kind of trophies, right?" Ryu walks towards the couch. He doesn't mind sitting beside Minho. He has no time to make enemies.

"now you're making me look bad." Minho looks pissed but trying not to show it.

"introduce yourself." Yejin wanted to test him. he knows who he is. indeed, he might be richer than Minho. "what you do, your achievements, your businesses."

"I'm Shin Ryujin. Most people call me Ryu. I'm a model and actor for commercials, targeting on movies. Some of my achievements includes four awards in model of the year, adult, and about five in best teen model. I'm currently focusing on my family businesses in modelling agencies across US and I'm intending to expand to Asia. Also, my father left some brands on fashion industry. Um... can I continue?" Ryu asked, seeing that they all stayed silent. After a nod from Yejin, he starts again. "I haven't checked any awards that my father got but he had two full trophy case of awards. We also have some properties, outlets, and some modelling and acting schools. I think that's about it. All I can recall." Ryu smiles a little.

"you don't need to brag." Yeji chimed in. "you're gonna make him look... small."

"Yeji..." Yejin looked at her. she then looks at Ryu. "are you sure that's all?"

"I'm looking forward to gain more in the future." Ryu replied kindly.

"you're joking, right? you're just making those all up." Minho looked at him. "I can assure you that I have more than that, ma'am. No need to doubt me. you can really count on me."

"oh, I almost forgot." Ryu shows them the box. "I just noticed that this small gift would really fit your dress." Ryu stands up and gave Yejin the box.

"oh..." Yejin opened it. "is this gold? Diamond also?"

"I know. it's small. I don't know what you like so I just come by my shop and bought you that." Ryu rubs his neck.

"you're bribing her?" Minho chimed in. "that's not fair."

"I will talk to your dad about this. don't do anything before you heard anything from us." Yejin said to Yeji.

"I won't do anything if you let me be with Ryu." Yeji looked at her.

"Mr. Hwang trusts me enough to take you as my wife. I will never disappoint him." Minho said sternly.

"I know, Minho. That's why I need you both to wait. We can't just approve only because Yeji likes one of you. you too should understand that love doesn't exist. Not in our book of marriage."

Ryu looks up, not believing what he heard. Yeji must've gone through a lot, he thought. There's no way nothing had happened in the past that made the parents being so protective over her. whatever it was, what matters is right now.

"acceptable." Minho crossed his legs over another.

"sure thing, ma'am." Ryu nodded slowly.

"okay. I have another work to do. I'll leave Yeji with you both." Yejin then walks away to her room, preparing for something only God and her knows.

"okay. Let's get this straight. You brought him here, to avoid me, hoping that your mom can get rid of me, then replace me with him? that's your plan?" Minho chuckles mocking Yeji. "what are you? five?"

"you know nothing about us. as far as I know, you're the one that's all talk. Big mouth." Yeji folds her arms.

"at least I'm telling the truth." Minho shrugs.

"if you wanna know the truth, I'll tell you." Ryu looks at him. "what you said is true. I'm here for her to get away from you. I don't think you want to know the reason why I'm in this, but one thing you need to know, I'll make sure that she can get a better partner than you."

"blah, blah, blah. You can say anything you want. I will still be a part of her family." Minho leaned closer. "I have my way, Ryu. Mark my words."

"you can fight all you want. Not in front of me." Yeji keeps her eyes on both of them.

"well..." Minho stands up. "enjoy your little romancing time. I have literal works to do." Minho smiles sarcastically at Ryu. "see you, Lee Yeji."