CHAPTER 14

The first three months without Ryu, Yeji is doing fine. Though, spending time with Seulgi made her forget about not being with him.

"well, that made me realized how loving you are. How old is she?" Yeji asked about Seulgi's daughter.

"she's still three." He said with his notorious smile.

"and your wife?"

"sadly, we got divorced." Seulgi looked down.

"oh, I'm sorry. I'd like to see her one day. can I?" Yeji asked with enthusiasm.

"she's with my mother and out of town. Sorry." Seulgi purses his lips.

Their chat then got interrupted by her ringing phone. she quickly picks it up.

"hey." She answer to Ryu on the other line.

"hi! I finally can talk to you now. I have packed schedules these past of few months. How have you been?"

"I'm doing great. I'm having a dinner right now."

"at home? Do you have someone around?"

"I'm outside. I do have a company. how's your day? is this your day off?" Yeji glanced at Seulgi.

"yes. Luckily." Ryu paused. Some rustling can be heard by Yeji. "I have to go in thirty minutes. I'm exhausted."

"I wish I could be with you now." Yeji feels a little guilty. Ryu is having a rough time shooting while she can be a relaxed with her work. "did you get enough sleep?"

"barely. The only time I could rest is when they let me or I'm on my way to other set."

"then you should be sleeping right now. it's okay." Yeji is worried about his health. "you have to take care of your health since this is your debut. I really support you Ryu. For now, I just want you to focus first. Then, we can spend time together as long as you like."

"I get it." Ryu sighs. Honest, he misses her so much. "thank you. alright then, I'll see you in... eight months."

"stay safe, Ryu. I miss you."

"I do too."

Yeji hangs up the call. She left him a few texts of encouragement then put it away.

"eight months is a lot of months." Yeji sighs, resting her chin on her hand. "that's the first time he called, right? you know that."

"the downside of being with an actor, I guess." Seulgi remembered his ex-wife. "I'm wishing you well."

"of course I'm well. Ryu is a great man." Yeji smiles a little.

"Ryu? The Shin?" Seulgi raised his eyebrows.

"yes...? What's up?" Yeji furrowed her eyebrows.

"oh, I think we need to get you home now." Seulgi looks at his watch.

On their way home, Yeji still wonders why Seulgi reacted oddly about her with Ryu.

"did you know something about him?" Yeji looks to the side where Seulgi sits.

"everyone knows him, right?" Seulgi smiles a little. he does remember seeing him somewhere.

"I mean something.. something people doesn't know." Yeji leaned closer to him, hoping to get some satisfying answer.

"I can't share my clients private life, Yeji." Seulgi leaned back. "I must've seen wrong."

"how? His face is easily recognizable." Yeji folds her arms.

"he wore a mask. They might not be him." Seulgi cleared his throat, realizing he just made a dumb mistake.

"you lied." Yeji raised an eyebrow. "you know it's him."

"it's years ago. I barely remember anyone."

"fine."