CHAPTER 14

With Nayeon recovering and finally back home, Ryu use this moment to tell her about his plan.

"I'll marry her." he go straight to the point.

"you sure?" Nayeon thought to give him some time to think.

"I'm sure. at least I feel certain about her. though..."

"though?" Nayeon wondered.

"she doesn't have a great past in relationships. She's been persistent with me. I'm the one that's been ignoring her." Ryu starts to feel guilty.

"don't make this a way to erase your guilt. I don't want you to marry her just because you feel sorry." Nayeon advised.

"I found something in her, mom. I don't know what it is but I feel whole. It's not like some immature love like I used to have." Ryu looks at her pleading. "so, I just need your permission."

"you'll always have it, son." Nayeon raised her hand to gently rubs his wavy hair. "do you want me to help with the wedding?"

"I already have another plan for that. you just need to sit tight and attend." Ryu smiles. "and pray. I want everything to go perfectly."

-

Ryu can finally visit Yeji after his schedules. And so, he goes to her apartment.

"Yeji... I bought some dinner for us. you don't..." Ryu stopped his words after seeing his two best friends sitting across Yeji on the couch.

"big bro!" Jeong stands up and attack him with a tight hug. "get rid of that habit of ghosting us, dumbass." Jeong slaps his head.

"this is quiet late." Ryu smiles a little. he then sits beside Yeji.

"look, look." Jeong lifts up his hand. "do you see something?"

"holy molly!" Ryu shot his eyes open. "you're finally getting married!"

Ryu stands up. he rushed towards Jeong and returns the tight hug.

"you... you hugged me first..." Jeong accidentally shed a tear. He stands up to hug him properly. "thanks, bro."

"you finally reached the bromance that you've dreamed of." Chaeryeong commented. "we're engaged. We're taking it slow."

"that's great also. A progress is a progress." Ryu responded.

They're finally back at their seat.

"so... how's yours? Still no rings." Jeong cockily asked.

"you'll be surprised." Yeji teased him back.

"I don't think we'll go through engagement.

"ah..." Jeong lowers her head. "well, at least we found ourself a partner."

"so what made you wait this long?" Chaeryeong wondered.

"I'd like to make sure. if I made a bad choice, I can just end it right away. I don't like when something doesn't sit right." Ryu explained. "also, I need our parents' permission, right?"

"so you won't be having some kind of party?" Jeong excitedly said. "I can be your bartender."

"that can be done for sure."

-

Ryu wants the wedding to be held soon. So, he plans out everything from now. he gets busy in his office because of that. he doesn't want to bother Yeji too much, so for the general thing, he's the one that takes care of it.

"sir." "Ryu!" Wonpil and Miyeon came in at the same time.

"yes, Wonpil?" Ryu ignored Miyeon. She sits in front of Ryu's desk.

"here's the bridal shops that wanted me to check out." Wonpil put the documents on the desk.

"oh, I've been there. For work, of course." Miyeon chimed in. "do you want my recommendation?"

"I'm gonna ask Yeji about this. thanks Wonpil." Ryu smiles a little. he then faced Miyeon. "no Miyeon. This is between me and Yeji."

"what do you like about her, anyway? I thought you can't get back with our ex."

"she's never my ex." Ryu said, focusing on his computer screen.

"huh? Then how can you marry her just like that?"

"we've known each other for a long time. besides, there's no reason you should know things." Ryu stays calm. "what do you want now?"

"well... I just wanna be here. Your office is nice." Miyeon smiles.

"you have your own room and it's with the other models. I already gave you your deserved pay. Why do you always bother me?" Ryu sighs.

Miyeon realized that she had already irritates him. she stays silent. Ryu noticed this and looks at her.

"sorry. I'm gonna go." Miyeon purses her lips. She then quickly leave the room.

Ryu doesn't mind about that. he continues his research.