CHAPTER 2

Even though Yeji already has a peaceful environment, her head is still caught up with the things back home. Until now, she still contemplates about her decision.

"dad." Yeji approached him on the living room. "I'm gonna go for a ride. I might stop by a market or something."

"oh, can you get some snacks? I'm craving something to munch on." Hyunbin asked. "oh, don't forget to buy something for your mom. She eats less lately."

Yeji smiles, obeying his father. Remembering her mom's condition that's not getting better, she feels a lot sadder. Just a week after they moved, Yejin fall ill.

"I'll be back."

-

Yeji had a new habit of going to the Merlion Park. Sure it's a mainstream thing to go there but she can't find something more interesting than watching the water coming out of the famous statue.

"can't believe I found you here." A man taps her shoulder lightly.

Yeji looks back to find a familiar man standing with a smile behind her.

*flashback*

Yeji have been in Singapore for about a week now. when her mom get sick, she and her dad are taking turns in taking care of the woman. Today, Hyunbin asked Yeji to go to the market accompanied by her driver.

Yeji walks along the isle, getting confused on what to buy to satisfy her mother's cravings.

"need help? You seems lost." A man approached her.

"oh, thank you. I think I can manage." Yeji just smiles at him.

"that one is not good. The one in US is way better. I can give you some suggestions for local snacks. Newcomer like you will like it." He chuckles.

"okay." Yeji just agree to him.

"great. Now, look here."

And so, they spent about an hour to pick out everything that Yeji needed with the help of the stranger. Yeji thought that he's nice.

"thank you." Yeji said to him, finally done with shopping.

"I'll help you to the car." He offered kindly then picks up some heavier bags. "I'm Mingyu, by the way."

The two walks out, going to Yeji's car.

"everything done, miss?" the driver helps with the bags.

"yes. We can go." Yeji replied. She then gets into the car. "thank you Mingyu."

"alright. No problem. See you."

*end*

"oh, you're the boy from the market." Yeji smiles warmly. "Mingyu?"

"correct! Glad you remember." He chuckles. "I haven't got your name, though."

"I'm Yeji. Good to see you." she replied shortly, then goes back to look at the river.

"you like going out here?" he asked.

"I don't know where else I can zone out." Yeji replied not looking at him.

"you want me to take you somewhere less... crowded?" he offered.

"I'm good here. Thank you, though." Yeji smiles at him.

"alright." Mingyu looks at Yeji. "did you walk here? don't you have a ride?"

"I do. it's parked somewhere. I can just call my driver."

Usually, Yeji loves this kind of company. but, ever since that day, Yeji's heart wants to stay with Ryu. She's no longer comfortable with this interaction.

"what time do you usually go home? It's already late." Mingyu checks his watch.

"I think I'll go after this." Yeji sighs.

"I see that you have a lot in your mind. Are you on a holiday or something?" Mingyu tried to get to know her.

"okay. I think I'll go now. thank you for your time." Yeji turns towards him.

Yeji walks away, leaving Mingyu without any more word. She knows where her car usually parked but she still need to call her driver.

"do you know where the parking lot is?" Mingyu shows up beside her when Yeji tries to call her driver.

"yes. I know." Yeji continues to walk towards the parking area.

"let me walk you there."

Since Mingyu keep tailing her, Yeji just ignores him and walk a little faster. When they finally arrived, Yeji can see her car not too far from where they're at.

"you can go now. thank you, once again." Yeji pressed a smile towards him.

"I'm sorry if I bother you. I just thought you need a friend." Mingyu scratched his head.

"it's okay." Yeji turns around, back-facing Mingyu.

"will we be able to meet again?"

Yeji pretends not to hear him and just go straight to her car.

-

Ryu has to plan some things so he can find the time to come to Singapore. Alas, he find it hard to manage his schedules. Tracking forward a week, a month, even three, his schedules are packed with shootings and photoshoots.

"are you sure there's no time to make a trip?" Ryu goes through his schedules over and over.

"yes, Ryu. I really can't find a slot for extra trip. Unless, you want to cancel everything. I'm sure that you won't be free until six o seven months." Wonpil sighs. They've been sitting here looking for a slight gap for hours.

"excuse me." a man stands before the office door. "is this the president's office?"

"yes, sir." Ryu stands up. looking at his attire, he seems like a professional businessman. "is there anything I can help?"

"I'm here to talk about my daughter, Cho Miyeon. I'm Cho Jungseok" He smiles. His demeanour is way different from Miyeon. "she said that she had ben paid less than the other models and actors. Is that true?"

"that is not true, sir. Every artist here get paid equally. Though, it depends on how they work and how much they affected the agency." Ryu replied kindly. It kinda annoy him. "from what I can see, Miyeon have been taking some big projects not only in the US but also abroad. I don't see the reason why she gets paid less."

"well, not only that. her accommodations?" he sits beside Wonpil.

"we accommodate our artists equally. If they want to change some things, I can assure you that their own income should be able to cover that. so far there are no complaints from other artists, sir." Ryu explained again. Hopefully, he can understand.

"ah... that spoiled kid." Jungseok takes out his phone. "it's all in the contract, right?"

"absolutely, sir." Ryu smiles gladly.

"I really like your agency. I even know your mother from my wife. Miyeon used to get spoiled by her mother and this... is how she turned out." Jungseok sighed. "I'm really sorry."

"oh, it's okay, sir. She's great at her job and can make a lot of money. You shouldn't be worried." Ryu reassured him.

"you seem to know her pretty well." Jungseok raised an eyebrow. "are you guys close?"

"I just like to keep a good relationship with my artists." Ryu pressed a smile. "she came to my office pretty often to ask for something."

"alright then. I'll talk to her. sorry for the misunderstanding."