19 : Rage

"Ahh… don't make a face like that, Duchess."
The 2nd princess held Helena's face to look at her as if she cared a
bout her so much after pointing out her insecurities. Helena tried to smile.

"If you say he never says anything then it is nothing of the matter then.. don't take it to heart, take it easy." 3rd Princess.

"We just wanted to remind you about how our noble society works." 2nd Princess.

"If a wife is lacking, the man has the right to have another wife… that's the sad reality of our society.." 3rd Princess.

Helena tried to laugh awkwardly. The two sisters got her. What they said completely went into her head and scarred there, her heart filled with anxiety.

Another woman…?

"Riftan never brings that matter up before.."

She almost stuttered but she managed to say it out naturally.. her voice was just a bit shaking.

"Of course. He won't." the 2nd Princess smiled warmly.

"Oh… are you able to conceive a child…?" 3rd Princess.

Helena almost ran out of breath with the question. It felt like the oxygen in her body was running out.

"Why did you ask that, sister??" the 2nd Princess turned to scold her sister as if they didn't plan it out together.

"That… we need to discuss this with the doctor first." Helena tried to get their hands off her but they wouldn't let go.

"Ah. Is that so? I'm sorry. I've crossed the line, Duchess."

2 days later~

"What is it?"

Riftan opened the door after a white robe was put on his naked body.

"A letter has arrived for you, your grace."

A hotel's employees handed Riftan the letter then left after bowing his head to him.

Riftan closed the door and opened the letter right away because it was sent from the Christensen house. The family's seal was scarred on it.

"Fuck."

Anita wrapped her body with the blanket, she walked to the man when she heard his curse.

"What happened, my lord?"

"Helena is sick. Let's go back."

Anita was taken aback. Helena's health was improving a lot in recent months… what happened so suddenly…

"What about the training, my lord?"

"That matter is of nothing. The emperor isn't brave enough to complain to me, don't worry about it. Prepare your belongings. I will leave first. You leave tomorrow when the carriage I prepared for you arrives. Get it?"

"Yes."

"I will pay for everything before I go. Just leave when the time comes."

"Yes, your grace."

Anita hurried up to the wardrobe. She brought out a set of suits and robes for him when he went into the bathroom. Then she helped him get ready.

"I will have someone guard this room. You don't have to worry about your safety."

"Yes, thank you, your grace.. Please have a safe trip."

Riftan kissed her forehead then left the room in a hurry. Anita sighed and sat down on the bed.