32 : I can't do this anymore

The sunlight brought themselves through the large glass windows. Riftan opened his eyes slowly and touched his head, which was filled with pain. It was throbbing like he had hit himself with something. When he tried to get up, the weight on his hand caught him off guard.

"Who…"

He forgot about the headache and looked around in an instant. His heart fell on the floor. Who is this woman and why is she naked on the bed with him? The pain in his head grew while anxiety hit him hard. Riftan pushed her away then tried to get up.

"...sir.."

He glared at the woman he didn't even know and cursed.
"What the hell happened?"

"Ahh… you didn't remember? We came here together, even the emperor knew it."
The naked woman responded. She was beautiful but her beauty made his blood boil.

"I don't remember asking anyone to come here with me. Tell me exactly what the hell happened?! Did you drug me!?"

He gripped her hand so violently that it started to hurt her. She looked at him as if she was about to cry.

"Let me go… what did you just say after you had your way with my body…? You're the one who touched me.. this is my first time… please respect me, Grand Duke."

Her look of innocence was like the gas that was thrown on fire in his chest. Riftan growled.

"I don't even remember anything. Do you think I'm crazy enough that I wouldn't remember if I had fucked someone!? Tell me! Did you drug me!?"

"I did not. How could you say that to me!? You said you would make me your second wife, that's why I gave in!"

"Fuck. You drugged me."
Even though his head hurt like crazy, his anger was burning. Make her his second wife??? That's the least thing that would come to his mind.

"So I was dizzy because of the drug…"
Riftan gritted his teeth.

"How the fuck did you do it? Say it before I lost it and threw you off the window. Making you my second wife!? You gotta be kidding me."

Even Anita, who he slept with intentionally, he had never thought like that once, to think he told a random woman he would make her his second wife?

"You… I will never say that shit to anyone. Don't lie. Tell the truth!"

The woman who was crying because of his violent behaviour of gripping her hand until it got red suddenly smiled at him.

"What if I drugged you? What can you do? I'm a virgin and just came of age. Moreover, everyone saw us walking here together. Words must be spreading out by now. Perhaps, it has already reached your wife's ears? What can you do about it? You will have to take responsibility for last night. No one will believe you even if you say you never wanted this to happen. Even the emperor knew I helped guide you to this room and never left afterwards. The only people who knew the truth were both of us. Not the people outside who thought you took me here to have fun. You have no choice other than marrying me, Grand Duke, because my parents will never let this go and you have no physical proof to prove that I drugged you."

She smirked at the man who was stunned by rage. Helena… Riftan let go of her in an instant and rushed to his clothes on the floor. Helena just gave birth… he needed to explain to her before everything went wrong… before she thinks he's a bastard who cheated on her again and again. He didn't care if other people wouldn't believe him but Helena. She would get hurt again while she was at her lowest conditions. He can't let that happen.

"Where are you going!?"
The woman screamed when Riftan rushed out before he even buttoned his shirt properly but he just glared at her as if he wanted to kill her right at this moment and left without a word.

"Oh. Enough with having fun?"
The emperor who peeped with the man asked teasingly but was growled at by Riftan.

"You fucker. Why the fuck did you let that woman take me here last night??"

"Hey! You couldn't walk straight and she offered to help and never came back! Why the fuck are you swearing at me after you had fun the whole night!? You little shit!"

"I don't even fucking remember when did I even fuck her. You damn fucking emperor! And my head hurt like hell."

"What? You didn't what?"

"I was drugged! Fuck. The news… Helena… you have to clean this for me or else I'll burn your palace down."

"Hey why are you taking it out on me!? How would I know!?"

The emperor screamed at the man who rushed out in anger.

~

"The news…!"

"It has reached the Duchess's ears, your grace…"

The butler responded without Riftan having to ask. Riftan felt his heart throbbing. Not again. He ran to her room as soon as possible and when he got in… Helena covered her face crying real hard. It broke his heart into pieces.

"Helena…"

"How could you do this to me…?? Just how… again and again…"

"Helena please let me explain…"

His hand trembled just as much as her body did. He reached out to her but was slapped away.

"WHAT EXPLAIN DO I NEED!? YOU SLEPT WITH ANOTHER WOMAN AGAIN! YOU CHEATED ON ME AGAIN! YOU DID IT AGAIN!"

"I… I don't even remember anything.. I was drugged. Please… please believe me…"

"You can say whatever you want! I wasn't there! Everyone at the ball saw you with her…! You were drugged!? A man who cheated once was drugged!? Do you take me for a fool!?"

Helena screamed out, her small body shook like electricity was running through her. Her chest got so tight that couldn't even breathe. She covered her eyes in tears.

"Please… I really didn't… please believe me…"
Even the man himself cried seeing she was so hurt. He looked down with his hand trembling. Helena sobbed so hard that her head started to hurt.

"You can cheat on me with my lady-in-waiting… how could I believe that you wouldn't cheat with random women!? I won't believe anything you say anymore… I lost my faith in you… even though I love you… I could never trust you again… and you cheated again…! Why are you so cruel to me!? What did I do wrong!? Was it because I'm so weak!? I don't want to be like this either.. I never wanted this… I want to be the wife that could make you proud, too… how could you be so cruel to me… Riftan… why…"

"Helena… Please believe me… I didn't even think about it… I did not… I was thinking about you and Lucian the whole time… I don't know how it happened… please…"

He begged with tears on his face.

"Just sleep with whoever you want… because I will divorce you. I can't do this anymore… It hurt so much…"