13 : THROWBACK (2)

After twenty minutes a tall figure walked out from the imperial door in silent. In his hand there was a white handkerchief, he wiped his fingers a few times before dropped it on the floor. After the man got away, another figure but slender and shorter walked to the same spot and picked the thrown away handkerchief.

A new day has came.
The wedding still in preparation because it's gonna be the biggest wedding in the empire, as it was for the most powerful and influential man's wedding and to collaborate his victory on the battlefield. It was a gift by the emperor himself to the soon to be Grand Duke of Christensen.

The large carriage that showed how wealthy and powerful the family that owned it is, ran through the tall door before stopped in front the Lancia's mansion. It was the Christensen's carriage, it got a logo behind it anld a red flag danced as the wind goes. The representation of both the logo and the flag were the Lion's head in the colour of golden.
The servents that stood in line as if waiting for the presence of the guest gasped. Riftan in a black and golden designed suit, covered his back by a black robe, got out from the carriage. He looked majestic and empowering as he always is. Even the male servents couldn't deny how good looking and intimatingly attractive the man is. At the front door of the mansion, 2 people stood there with smile on their faces. They were the Duke of Lancia and the Duchess. Riftan looked at them and smiled from afar as he walked past the servents that stood in line both side of the path he walked.

"Wah... our Lady is so lucky!"

"I know right!"

"It is an honour to meet you, Grand Duke." Said the old Duke to the tall and handsome man.

"No. It is my honour, your grace. I apologize for not being able to greet you properly too as I have just came back from the battlefield. I hope his grace doesn't mind my rudeness."

Riftan said while placed a hand on his chest and bowed his head. The Duke and Duchess couldn't stop smiling from the man's gratitude. He's a well raised fine young man. The two people thought that their daughter couldn't be more luckier.

"Now now don't be so polite with us." The Lancia Duke said jokingly.

"Please come inside." The Duchess said.

"Yes."

"Helena is a bit nervous as she said she never talked to you before... so I pardon her rudeness she couldn't come to the front door and welcome you with us."

"Yes, it's fine. It's understandable."

Riftan sat on an antique chair not far away from the owners of the house. This mansion is big but compared to the Christensen's mansion, the size probably is only ⅖. But that does not mean Lancia household is poor in financial, as one of the noble family they're totally wealthy, just not as much as the Christensen.

The tea were set on the table as they talked about a few things to get to know one another better. The Duchess looked behind Riftan's back and said.

"Ah... Helena's here, Grand Duke."

Riftan turned around before his eyes placed on the elegant woman. There was a woman walked behind her back but he couldn't care less about that person. Helena got his eyes wrapped around her alone. Helena wore a light blue dress with a white corset on, did her hair and put on some light makeup. Everything was done by Anita.
She smiled shyly at the man's gaze. He looked at her as if he was hypnotized. It was a confirmation that he was really in love with her so she couldn't help but feel excited and embarrassed at the same time.

"I, Helena Lancia, greet you, your grace the Grand Duke."

She soften her knees and bowed her head to the man. He got up from his seat, took her hand gently, bowed his head just like she did to place a kiss on the back of her hand. The gentleness got Helena blushed like a tomato.