Chapter 3 Ben, OUTBREAK

Sam, our golden retriever, jumps onto my stomach and barks loudly."Sam? What the heck?!" Sam looks startled as he looks over at the stairs. "What's wrong boy? Is..someone downstairs?" Sams' continued barking sounded like a yes to me. I throw on a tee shirt and a pair of jeans"hmm.." Before going downstairs I open my closet and grab my baseball bat and take a practice swing a couple times, feeling out the balance. "Heh, still got it." I walk downstairs, it's real dark and cold. The creepy part was how quiet it was, i could hear the crickets outside. Honestly i wanted to be safe so i acted like a ninja going downstairs, Sam followed beside me. He was always a good dog. But honestly there is bad sides about Sam being so loyal/protective. For example: He growls and barks whenever he see's someone walking on the sidewalk by my room, and he growls when Priscilla walks past my room, and he goes crazy whenever anyone knocks on my door. While I walk over to the front door someone bangs on the door "Hello..?" Why is someone up this late? What do they want? It's like three in the morning. "Hello? Who is it?" I grip onto the handle of the bat. "Hello?!" My trembling hand slowly reaches for the handle when i hear a slight moan "H-Hello..?" When i slowly open the door my neighbor stands there. Her long black hair covers her face, she slowly sways with the early breeze, her pink pajamas are torn and random spots of mud and blood decorate it. "U-Um miss E-Emily..?" She slowly looks up at me, the right side of her neck was bitten and missing flesh, she had thick black bags under her eyes. "Emily..?" She growls and charges at me, Sam barks loudly and bites her leg. "C-Crap!" I stumble back and fall over with Emily on top of me. "Get off!" She snaps at my face, she smelled like death itself. Sorry, but the smell was unbearable i gagged at the stench of her breath. She wasn't herself. It was as if she wasn't human. I reached over for my bat with one hand while the other held her snapping jaw away, but Sam stumbled back and kicked the bat out of my reach. What's going on?! Why is the once quiet Emily attacking me?