Chapter 19 Ben, BACK HOME

After a couple of hours everyone is fast asleep, except Mike. Mike dims the lights and turns the music off. Ellie lays fast asleep in one of the booths, Mike quietly and carefully walks over to her and places a blanket onto her then sat down at the bar. I slipped into the stool beside Mike and watched him as he began reading a Harley Davidson magazine. "Hey Ben." "Hey Mike." Mike silently flipped a page, "So how do you like it here so far?" I smiled softly "I like it here. It has a positive vibe, and it's a lot better than watching your back every second, waiting to be attacked by a stray animal, human, or lurker." I slowly glanced down at my feet and sighed, "I'm sorry about earlier, i probably brought up raw emotions.." Mike set the magazine down onto the counter and smiled softly. "Don't worry about it. My mother was the best thing that happened to me, besides James, Shannon, and my two knuckle head brothers." He lifted up his sunglasses and rubbed his eyes while letting out a yawn, "I'm gonna head to bed. Good night." Mike stood up and ruffled my hair before disappearing to the back.

Mike is a nice guy. He proves that looks aren't everything. Even though he's a biker and a tough kind of guy, he's really kind and caring. I'm surprised how different everything is now. It's finally calm. I feel like i'm back home.

While glancing up at the hundreds of brightly colored liquor bottles that are lined up neatly on the shelves I think to myself. Who could be following us, and why? I slowly rub my eyes and yawn softly, struggling to stay awake. Eventually i ended up laying my head down onto the counter and immediately fall asleep to the sound of rain hitting the roof and windows and the sound of thunder softly rumbling throughout the night sky.