Chapter 13 Ben, ALL GONE (NO HOPE)

I walk over to Ellie and kneel down beside her. "Ellie it isn't safe in here." I help her up. She slowly follows behind me then stops. "Wait.." I turn around "What is it?" Ellie looks over at her father. "I..I can't leave him..not like this.." Ellie looks over at me as tears continue to stream down her face "Give me your knife." I look down at my hand which is holding the knife and give it to her. Ellie walks up to her dad while crying and trembling. "I'm sorry daddy..I'm sorry this happened to you.." she raises the knife up to the bars then stops. Ellie grips onto the handle while sobbing. "Ellie..you don't have to do it. If anything..i'll do it for you." I walk over to her and take the knife from her trembling hand. "The worst part that anyone could ever bear is having to put your loved one down yourself." I meet her fathers milky white eyes. He grows frantic as he struggles to grab me through the bars. With a heavy sigh i raise the knife up to his forehead and smash the blade into his skull. His body drops to the ground of the cage with the knife stuck in his skull. "I'm sorry Ellie.." This room was disgusting. No sane person could do anything close to this. I wrapped an arm around Ellie and directed her out of the room. While closing the door i looked over at Ellie in concern, but she just stared down at the ground. "Come on." I walked over to the exit door, but before pushing it open i noticed a cart in the corner of the room with something hanging out of one of the drawers. I walk over to the cart and open the drawer, it was my backpack and Ellie's pistol. I quickly opened my backpack and stuffed Ellie's pistol inside since she already had the rifle. I quickly put my backpack on and opened the door. Ellie and I rushed outside. While walking out of the area and looking at the door i remember where we are at. It's the sectioned off area from earlier this morning. I hear multiple gunshots and people screaming, the smell of smoke drifts down the hall. I grab Ellie's hand and run towards the gunshots. Once we turn the corner my heart sunk.