Ben

After a while we finally make it back to the bar but once we walked inside I noticed everyone was awake and worried, I was kind of worried what the reason was, "Hey Mike what's wrong..?" Everyone looked over at us and immediately rushed over and gave us hugs, "Don't you ever leave without telling us!" Mike shouts as he gives me a crushing bear hug. I smiled softly and hugged him back, it's actually kind of nice to know that people realize you're gone because they care about you so much. "I'm sorry Mike, we left to go check on something. I'll explain later.." I looked over at Shannon as she collected dirty dishes, "You guys ate right.?" Mike nodded, "Yeah, James thought it was a good idea to eat first before going on a search so we ate as fast as we could, Travis was nice enough to make breakfast." I felt my body go numb for a second, I don't like Travis and I hate the thought of him feeding everyone. He could have easily put something in the food and kill them. "Hey I'm going to go get something real quick." Ellie says as she walks to the back. I look over at Mike, "Hey I- M-Mike?!" Mike stumbles over a bit and leans against the bar counter with a pale face, everyone else seemed to be in the same state. Smitty and Charlie both stumble over and collapse to the ground, clearly out cold. "Mike!" I rush towards him and help him stand straight, "A-Are you alright?!" Mike looks up at me and smiles softly, "Please..don't worry about me, i'll be fine.." Mike coughs a bit and collapses to the ground, cold and limp. "Mike?!" I drop to my knees and shake him around, no..he can't be gone.none of them can be gone. I finally start believing that someone cares, that there's still hope and..this happens?! Rage boils inside me, I know exactly who did this. Without any second thought I storm towards the back while gripping onto the handle of my bat. When I turn the corner to Travis's room I notice him dragging Ellie's body out the exit door, "Travis! I'll kill you!" He quickly looks over at me with widened eyes and drops Ellie's unconscious body on the ground, "O-Oops!" He smiles nervously and puts his hands in the air, "I-It's not what you think..Ben you don't understand I'm doing this for a good reason okay? So please, calm down.." He steps towards me with one in front of him, gesturing for me to calm down, his other hand hides behind him. "It's okay Ben..It's o..kay!" Travis smiles wide and pulls a machete out of it's case and slashes at me, luckily I was fast enough to block him with my bat and push him back, "You're insane!" Travis laughs, "No you don't understand..You don't understand!" He smiles wide and stands his ground, "This is the new world now Ben. Accept it. We kill in order to live." My heart feels like it's jumping out my throat, the adrenaline from the fight quickly builds. This isn't a game or play fight, it's life or death.