Ben

I notice Mike walk the man back to the bar while Jacob picks up the guys backpack and machete, as they walk inside the man first notices Ellie and I. He looks over at us for about a minute then looks away, who is the guy and what does he want? Mike has him sit down at a stool, "So, I'm Mike, that's my wife Shannon, those two are my brothers, Jacob and Charlie, there's my good friend Smitty, and my son James. Those two over there are Ellie and Ben." The man smiles softly while looking over at everyone, "Hello everyone, I'm Travis. I know it's..different meeting new people but it's been hard surviving out there. I lost my little girl to a horde of those things..And I lost my wife, then I was with a group of nasty people. They did horrible things to people.." Mike lowered his shotgun and held it by his side, "That's horrible.." Mike and Travis continued talking for a while then Jacob called Travis to come over and collect his supplies but not his weapons, Jacob had searched through everything and collected anything that could be a weapon. I quickly pulled Mike aside, "Hey da- um I mean Mike," He smiled at me, "So you finally see me as a father?" I blushed a bit in embarrassment, "Never mind that, I don't trust this guy. He seems familiar and I don't know.." Something about him jumped out at me..his shirt was ripped on his left side and when I noticed that it kept bothering me. I shook my head, "Never mind Mike, I'll tell you later." He nodded. The rest of the day was quiet, Mike and everyone else talked to Travis, James and Ellie were talking about some show they used to watch and I sat by myself thinking about Travis, what was so off about him? I stepped outside and sat down beside the doors, the night breeze slowly blew. Everything was calm and quiet, it was as if this whole apocalypse thing never happened. "Hey..Ben was it?" I jumped a bit at the sound of Travis's voice. He laughed a bit and sat down beside me, "Sorry for scaring you.." He looks up at the stars and sighs, "So what happened to you out there?" I looked over at him and noticed he had a slight smirk on his face, "I was in this quarantine zone..it was horrible..but that place burned to the ground." Travis stood up and opened the door, before going inside he looked over at me, "Well at least that place is gone now." I raised a brow as he walked inside, what was that all about? Was he trying to imply something? Anyways I don't like this guy or trust him.