Chapter 11 Ben, CAPTURED

The last thing i saw before i blacked out was another scientist walk up behind Ellie.

Hours later. "nggh.." I slowly wake up on cold concrete. "Where am i..?" I slowly sit up and yelp a bit in pain as i move my leg. It was really sore and hurt bad, In fact everything did. My arm, leg, head, and cheek. I glance down at my leg, at least they somewhat wrapped it up.. I look around as my eyes struggle to focus on my surroundings. Finally I'm able to see clearly. Ellie and I are tied up inside a small room with a single light fixture hanging from the ceiling; dried blood is splattered on the floor and walls. The floor is solid, cold concrete. There is a big metal door which is locked and lastly, an old wooden bookshelf sits beside me. My legs and hands are tied up with rope. I glance over at Ellie. Thank god they didn't hurt her. She was slumped over in the corner of the room, she was tied up as well. I wiggle around in an attempt to loosen up the rope but whoever tied them made sure i wasn't going anywhere. Man..they took everything i had. I couldn't feel the multi tool in my pocket anymore and my backpack was gone. I looked around while thinking. How can i get out of this stupid rope? An idea flashes in my mind. I slowly scoot over to the old wooden bookshelf. This idea is crazy and might kill me but it doesn't hurt to try. I slam my back against the bookshelf as hard as i can. Yes it hurts really bad but luckily, the bookshelf is so old that i snapped some of the wood with my weight. A sharp piece of wood stuck out of the broken part of the bookshelf. Knowing exactly what to do, i lifted my hands onto the sharp piece and began moving my hands up and down against the wood until the rope was finally cut. Once my hands were free I untied my legs and stood up, using the wall as support for my aching body. Despite the pain in my leg i walked over to Ellie and untied her as quickly as i can. She slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes "Huh..?" She looked up at me with widened eyes and hugged me tightly. My eyes grew wide from the sudden hug. "Oh my god..you're alive..I was so worried." I smiled softly and hugged her back. "I'm fine, though I've been in better conditions." I stood up and helped Ellie up off the ground. We need to find a way out of here but how?