Chapter 4 Priscilla, INFECTED

"Priscilla! Get up!" "Huh..?" I sit up and look around, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the dark. What was that i could of swore i heard someone yelling my name. "Ben..?" I slide off of the bed and walk over to my bedroom door and open it. "Ugh!" What's that smell?! Did Ben leave meat out or something? I walk downstairs and grip onto the railing, considering i'm still struggling to see in the dark. Once downstairs i'm able to make out a figure slumped over "B-Ben..?" He looks over at me with widened eyes, like he's seen a ghost. "Ben what's-" I choked on my words real quick as soon as i saw Miss Emily's corpse on the ground. No. It was no where close to Emily anymore. All what it was anymore was a bloody corpse with a smashed skull. Pieces of brain tissue and blood stain the once white carpet. "Ben what..? What did you do?!" I was horrified! My brother killed our neighbor! He stares at me in terror, the light in his eyes were gone. Tears began streaming down his pale face. "I-I..I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT SHE ATTACKED ME I-I..!" He dropped to his knees and gripped onto the sides of his head while sobbing. This wasn't his fault. I know Ben. Something happened! But what..? I kneeled down next to him and pulled him into a hug. "Ben. I know you had a reason..it's okay." What is going on..? Wasn't Emily supposed to be in the hospital? She had a cold then fainted about two weeks ago and she was in the hospital..why is she here? "Ben it's okay.." Sam whined softly while scooting away from the blood trail running down the carpet. In order to save my brother i have to hide the evidence of Emily's corpse but how? We aren't murderers! How do i do this kind of stuff..? Do i bury her or burn her? "Come on." I help Ben up and carefully set him down onto the couch, then i go into the kitchen and grab a towel. I lightly wet the towel with warm water and walk into the living room. "Ben let's get you cleaned up, okay?" He stares down at his feet silently. i let out a sigh. How can any human being recover from something like this? I kneel down in front of him and gently wipe the blood off of his face. Ben..his once bright sapphire blue eyes were now dark and gloomy. Sam barks loudly as a blood curdling scream echos outside. "What was that?" I quickly look over at the front door. "Ben you stay here, Sam and i will check what's going on outside."