Ben

I looked down at the counter as i started to remember my family. "My mother died of cancer..and my dad died in a car crash..My sister, Priscilla and i survived on our own. Though we had a little help with our neighbor, she was a good friend of my mother's and decided to adopt us. It was when i was 16 that our step mother left me in charge while she left to help her mother who was very ill. But she would call us everyday and send us money in the mail. I was an excellent student in school but due to the virus going i around our step mother said it was fine for me to leave school and attend to online school. I never had friends since i get nervous around people so leaving school never really affected me, i continued to be an excellent student. Every class i had at least an A. Then one day all this happened and my younger sister and the only friend i had, Sam died at the beginning of the outbreak. Sam was the best. I had him ever since i was around ten, at that time he was a puppy. Over time we were like brothers. Sam protected me and i protected him. Then i left my house and ran into my dads best friend Adrian. He gave me a lift and hope. Unfortunately Adrian was focusing more on cheering me up rather than driving and ended up swerving out of a lurkers way and we ended up flipping, rolling straight off of the road. By the time i woke up and escaped the car Adrian was being devoured right there before my eyes..I fled the scene in fear and ended up being stuck in a tidal wave of people and ranked into military trucks. After that i was on my own until i met Ellie at the quarantine zone. We ended up bumping into each other one night and i ended up helping her search for her father.." I glanced up at them, realizing i had their full attention. "By the time we found him it was too late..He was a lurker or as you guys say creeper. Ellie and I escaped that horrible place and ended up sticking together. When Mike and James found us i was giving up my life for Ellie, I was ready to die..That's all i guess.." My eyes widened once Mike pulled me into a hug. His incredible strength crushed my tiny body, i gently patted his back as he hugged me tighter. "I'm sorry for all your losses." I wheezed a bit as I tried to speak, "Thank you Mike, now can you let go please? I'm kind of dying here.." Mike immediately let go while laughing, "Sorry there Ben, but don't worry. We're all one big family and we'll protect you as our own." Everyone smiled and cheered in agreement. "Hey Shannon! We'll need some more beers!" Shannon smiled and grabbed three beers for the brothers. Mike opened his second bottle and looked over at me, "Want a sip?" "God no." Mike smiled "Just try a little, i remember when James had his first sip. His reaction was priceless." I sighed and took the bottle from Mike.The three brothers and Smitty stopped and watched as i took a little sip of the beer and immediately made a disgusted face while handing the bottle back to Mike. I ran into the bathroom and spit it out into the sink. All four men broke out into laughter once i came back into the room. Their faces were bright red, they even began choking on their beers from laughing so much. I couldn't help but turn red and laugh as well. I noticed James and Ellie laughing in the corner at me. "That was nasty!" I said while wiping my mouth. Ew, note to self DON'T DRINK BEER.