Ben

I slowly open my eyes to the sound of Mike's voice, he stares down at me with widened eyes then hugs me. "M-Mike..?" I struggled to even speak. Even though Mike was hugging me gently I felt like I was being crushed. I can barely hold my eyes open, I can't move..it hurts. "I knew you were strong." Mike carefully lays me back. "W-What happened..?" He smiled softly and sniffled a bit, "You passed out and almost died.." "A-Are you crying..?!" He wiped his eyes, "Of course! Even though I haven't known you long you're like a second son to me. I care about you like family." My heart almost stopped. I couldn't believe he cared about me that much..i'm still a complete stranger and..i'm that special to him? "I'm sorry for scaring you." He laughs a bit, "It's fine don't apologize. Just rest." I nod and slowly close my eyes, Ellie wasn't by my side..was all that just my head..?

Ellie's POV

James hugs me tighter then finally lets go. "I..If Ben is gone it's better that way because then he wouldn't have to suffer in a world like this." I wanted to scream at James for saying what he said but..he was right. I buried my face into his chest and sighed. I was so tired of living like this..the pain is just horrible. "You must be exhausted.." James carried me over to an area he had made for me to rest by the booths, he carefully set me down onto a cot and pulled a blanket onto me. As he turned to walk away I grabbed onto his sleeve, "James wait.." He glanced back at me with those bright blue eyes, "Please stay.." "Alright.." He sat down beside me and stared out the windows. The lights were dim, Jacob, Charlie, Smitty, and Shannon sat at the bar playing cards. I wrapped an extra blanket around James and kissed his cheek, "Thank you James..thank you for calming me down and supporting me.." He smiled softly and kissed my forehead. "Of course."

Mike's POV

Poor kid, no one should have to go through so much pain, not even someone as young as he is. As Ben falls asleep I pull a blanket onto him and leave him to rest. While walking out into the front I notice James and Ellie asleep together. I know he's my son and I love him with all my heart but..Ben had her first. Ben is like my second son and I care for him too, even Ellie, Ben loves Ellie with all of his heart but so does James. I don't want to see them hurt or even worse, attacking each other. "Hey big Mike, come sit with us." Smitty calls me over to share a beer. I sit down next to him in an empty stool and notice Jacob is gone, "Where's Jacob?" "Oh it's his turn to be in the birds nest tonight." I nod and take a sip of the beer Shannon hands me. It's been a long day..