Chapter 30 Ben, TORTURED SOUL

Travis set the whip down onto the metal tray and took the straps off my arms and legs, he pulled me out of the chair by my hair and pulled me towards the corner of the room where there was a wooden structure built in a "T" shape. It had thick rope tied on the edges of the "T" shape, the bottom portion of the rope had thin barb wire cuffs. Travis shoved me down to the ground and to be honest I was too weak to fight back. He grabbed my hands and shoved them into the barb wire cuffs, blood trickled down my wrists as the sharp ends dug into my skin, causing me to wince in pain. Travis pulled the tray and tool box over to his new work station. He took off my shirt and ran the back of his hand against my back, "A new canvas, ready to be splattered with blood." He turned on the radio on the tray and grabbed the whip, Moonlight Sonta by Beethoven softly played. I felt my heart stop, it's worse when you can't see what's about to happen. Travis chuckled a bit and with one hard blow he cracked the whip hard and fast against my back, I yelled out as blood trickled down the wound. I jumped forward by instinct from the pain, causing the barb wire to dig into my wrists. Travis lost it and repeatedly whipped my back over and over again, I felt my back burn and bleed. I jumped after ever hit, causing myself even more pain. My throat was sore from yelling and screaming so much, after a while I hung there and bit my lip every time he'd hit me. Blood ran down my arms from my weight, my knees ached. This continued for about 20 minutes, he'd pause a couple of times to rest and between each break he'd pour alcohol and lemon juice over the bloody scratches covering my back. Oh that was worse, the stinging was unbearable it felt like pure acid was melting my skin. I would barely yell out due to my sore, scratched throat. Travis shouted after "advice" after each hit, "You're pathetic! Weak! Trash! Show no one mercy! In this world we attack and kill! Everyone is prey! You're a pathetic worm for trusting people! You're pathetic for believing in them! It's every man for himself!" He sighed and stopped, "But, i'm surprised you've held out this long." He opened the rusted toolbox that was beside me and pulled out a couple of nails, "I should give you a carpentry lesson." He walked in front of me and pulled my leg forward. With a grin he placed the sharp tip of the nail under my pinkie toenail, I looked at him with widened eyes as he raised the hammer and slammed it right into the nail, shoving it under my nail. It peeled off, taking blood and skin tissue with it. Blood ran down my toe as the nail was shoved into my pinkie toe, I jumped and screamed at the pain, I was too exhausted to even cry at this point, what was the use? He repeated the process to every single toe on my left foot, and of course I jumped every time, causing the barb wire just to eat away at my flesh. Travis heard a loud crash in another room and rushed off to search the area, my foot throbbed in pain, everything did. I felt my sanity snap, I was so broken and tired of the pain. I wanted out, now.