Ellie

Jacob scanned the room for any way for us to escape but unfortunately the room was nothing but four cement walls, a door, and a single light fixture, well a broken light fixture. We heard a loud bang then the door slowly creaked open, a boy about twenty stood there, thin, beaten up, and looked somewhat like Maria. Maria jumped up and hugged the man while smiling, "Jason! You're alive! My big brother is alive!" He smiled softly while holding Maria, his eyes grew big when he realized there were more prisoners. "Let's go. Travis is worried about something else right now." He moved his brown hair out of his eyes and quickly looked around for Travis, "He will be here any minute." Everyone rushed out of the room. "Look we'll make a group, Ellie, James, and I will search for Ben. Everyone else will go with Jason and get out of here." Mike announced. He turned towards Jason and looked at him in the eyes, "Please get them out of here safely." Jason nodded then directed everyone down a hallway. Travis's footsteps echoed down the halls as he walked around, they seemed to get louder then louder. Then after a couple of seconds he left. Mike looked over his shoulder at James and I and nodded, "Let's do this." We followed behind him as he quietly followed the direction Travis's footsteps came from. "Man this is creepy.." I quickly mutter to myself, "Trust me, I don't like this either but we can't leave Ben." Mike said as he crouched down next to a closed door, we both did the same. "What if he's dead?! It's been about three hours since the last time we saw him." James yelled in a hushed tone, "We're not giving up! If that was you i'd do the same thing because we care for each other! Dead or not we try! We don't leave one of us behind! We hope for the best and fight!" Mike responded in the same tone. "Hoping and trying wont get us very far! Dad it's reality! Ben could be dead!" "Could! Could be dead!" James growled under his breath in frustration, I just sat between them quietly. Mike slowly opened the door, our hearts raced. We could hear loud crashes and Travis's voice on the other side, what we saw once we peeked through made our jaws drop.