Chapter 18 Ben, NEW FAMILY (Dark pasts)

After Ellie excuses herself to change I glance down at the pile of fresh clothes in my lap, I guess I should change. I slip out of the booth and walk into the men's room. I'm not saying these guys are filthy but i'm surprised that a men's restroom is this clean. Trust me, it's rare to find a men's restroom without pee and stuff everywhere. I quickly change out of my wet clothes and get into my new ones. My new clothes were a red tee shirt, jeans, and a grey hoodie. It feels good to be in clean clothes. I hang my wet clothes up and walk out, noticing Ellie already beat me to the booth but James was there talking with Ellie. They were both laughing, having a good time. I decided to walk over to Mike as he sat at a stool with Jacob and Charlie. All three were silently drinking beers. I slipped into the stool next to Mike, "Hey Mike." "Hey Ben." He took a sip of his beer and looked over at Ellie. "I see James is getting close to your girl." I felt myself faintly blush and look down at the counter. "Hey don't look so down." Mike patted my back and smiled. "Hey Mike i've been wondering about your past. How's life been?" Mike smiles softly "Well i was born in San Antonio Texas. I moved around a lot due to family and such, then ended up settling here in Michigan. I joined the Navy for about three years, then i became overweight. Mostly because back then i was more muscular. Anyways, I remember going to the bar and ended up meeting Shannon. Years past as we grew closer together. Before i realized it we were married with a beautiful baby boy. My step father was a biker and once i left the navy i sort of took on that sort of lifestyle with my two brothers. Our real father left us after Charlie was born..our mother grew depressed. She was left with three sons and a broken heart. I tried my best to help out my mother but over time her health state worsened. Of course, over time she grew old and was in the hospital for days at a time, then weeks, then months, then years. I hadn't seen my mother in years, ever since i left the navy. She became so ill she lived in the hospital and i never got the chance to see her since she was all the way down in Texas. I was poor and barely holding my family together but finally i was able to get my mother flown all the way here. When my mother finally arrived for about a week all this happened. I only saw my mother for a week then she was bit.." Mike lowers his head a bit and i noticed Charlie and Jacob silently listen, it was clearly visible that all three were heart broken. "Our mother..the first time i saw her in so many years, she was so happy to see us. As i held her dying body she told me i made her dying wish come true..the last thing she wanted to see before she were to die was the three of us, her babies. She wanted us by her side as she died.." I looked down, knowing i probably brewed up so many painful, raw emotions. "She was the best. She was the most badass mother i've ever seen." Jacob say's while finishing his beer, Mike smiled while finishing his. "You're right." I smiled softly as the three of them talked about their favorite moments they shared with their mother. "Hey Ben, i couldn't help but wonder where your folks are at." Charlie says while looking down the counter at me.