Ben

I notice James and Ellie finally wake up but apparently they don't notice me because James pecks Ellie's lips which makes me sick to my stomach. I couldn't think, I was angry. My blood boiled as they giggled and held each other, I was so mad that despite the pain on my leg I ran out the front door. As I ran outside I heard Mike call out to me, "Ben wait!" But i just wanted to get away, I ran towards the back and plopped down onto the cement in pain, now I feel it. But the pain couldn't even compare to the ache in my heart..

Ellie's POV

As James hugged me I couldn't help but notice what I think was Ben running out of the bar. Am I dreaming? "Wait James.." I slowly pushed him away as Mike called out to Ben, it's true he's awake! Why didn't anyone wake me up to tell me?! Mike ran outside to Ben, I quickly got up and run over to the door but Jacob and Charlie block my path, "What the heck?!" I yell as they stand in front of me, Shannon orders James to go to the back and of course he listens to her command. Smitty shakes his head while reading a motorcycle magazine. "Please move! I need to see Ben!" I desperately try to convince them to move. "No Ellie," Shannon says as she cleans dishes, "I'm sorry but you hurt him to much. You're doing nothing but breaking his heart, toying with him by hanging all over James what's wrong with you?!" I looked at them with widened eyes, I couldn't believe what they were saying! (there u go Emma, someone finally gangs up on her XD)

Ben's POV

Mike sat down next to me and sighed, "Ben.." I hug my knees tightly and bury my face into them, "Look I know you're probably heartbroken but you have to admit, you never expressed to Ellie your emotions. C'mon neither James or Ellie is a mind reader. I'm upset with James too, but you can't blame him, Ellie was pretty much still available. You can't just like someone and expect them to automatically be yours.." I sigh and look up at him, "I know..that's half of the reason why i'm so angry and upset. I'm such a wimp and can't even ask her out.." I slowly lay my forehead against my knees, "Maybe James is better for her.." "Come on now, you have to believe in yourself okay? I believe in you.. I know it must be really, really hard for you nowadays, considering you lost everyone you know but I understand your pain or at least a about half of it." Mike looks up at the sky, "It's very tough. Hey, after my father left us and when I was probably around..10 my mother told us 'It's easier to hate than it is to love.' She went on that saying throughout her divorce. Even though my father left her with newly born children for some girl he found she still forgave him because she had a heart and she told us this because she said she didn't want us spending the rest of our lives hated our father, she said there were better things to worry about." Mike looks down at me, "And now i'm telling you that saying because there is so much more to hate. Our real enemy is the undead, not our own people, everyone matters too. Without certain people our group will be torn apart so we need to accept every one of them and care for them as our own which is why you and Ellie are so special."I hugged Mike tightly, "Thank you Mike..thank you so much." He smiled and helped me stand up, "C'mon lets head inside."