Chapter 23 Ben, BROKEN HEART AT REST (for now)

It's dark..I can't move anything. What's going on.? I can't see or move..I only feel pain and hear Ellie's voice. It's soft and very faint. "I..you're going to be okay, right? I know you're strong..and nothing can destroy you.." Ellie..? What are you talking about..? I feel something drop on my cheeks. Is it rain, or tears? Why is Ellie crying..? I slowly open my eyes to nothing but blinding light, where am I? I'm..at home.."Good morning honey.." Why is my mom here? Wait..father and Priscilla, even Sam is here. I'm home..thank god. I'm home again, "Hey son, we missed you." Priscilla sits on her knees beside me with Sam laying down next to her with his head in her lap. "Hey Ben." She smiles while petting Sam, we just barks happily and slowly crawls over to me. Why are they here..? "It's okay now..it's okay now.." Priscilla says softly as Sam nudges his nose against my cheek, "You can rest." "BEN! PLEASE! WAKE UP! BEN!" Who is that..? "Listen I know it's hard, I know living like this is hard but you have to wake up! Think about Ellie.." I know that voice, it's Mike.. "Ben!" I don't want to wake up. I'm at home..but..I have to wake up..for Ellie..

Elllie's POV

"Ben please.." As I look down at him I notice something is wrong, his face turns almost white and he stops breathing. "Ben!"My frustration turns into fear. I quickly get up and rush out of the room, "MIKE, MIKE!" My heart beat quickens, I scream at the top of my lungs for him, "MIKE!!" Mike rushes into the room, "What's wrong?!" "H-He's not breathing! He's not breathing!" Mike kneels down to Ben. "Alright Ellie, please sit out front with everyone else." I wanted to fight to stay but I was so exhausted from crying that I just obeyed. I walked out front, only to be greeted by everyone staring at me, "Is he okay..?" James asks as he wraps an arm around me in an attempt to comfort me. "He's not breathing..he's not breathing.." James pulls me into a gentle hug. I couldn't help but repeat to myself, "He's not breathing"