Ben

Mike drove through the city, his engine echoed throughout the abandoned town. He pulled up into a pharmacy parking lot and turned the motorcycle off and turned around to face me, "Alright we're here for Shannon, she has bad asthma and she needs a couple of inhalers." I nod as I create a mental checklist. "Anything else?" "If anything grab pain killers, anything for headaches and stomach aches, just basic medicine." "Alright." Mike reaches into one of the bags on the side of his motorcycle and pulls out his shotgun, "Let's go." We both hop off of his bike and walk up to the pharmacy, as I follow behind Mike I draw my baseball bat and grip onto the handle. Mike kicks the door open and grabs a grocery bag, in an instant he takes off and grabs supplies. Me on the other hand, I cautiously walk inside. Multiple shelves are knocked over onto each other, blood splatters decorate the walls as well as skin tissue, the signs that survived above the shelves barely held onto their strings. I grabbed any useful medicine i could find and stuffed them into my bag, as i shove as much stuff as i could into my bag i heard a loud crash from the direction Mike ran to. While zipping up my bag i quickly put it on and rushed over in the direction of the crash, Mike stomps onto a lurkers head as i run up next to him, "What happened?!" "Oh, one of these things came up behind me so i shoved it to the ground and you know what happened after that." I looked down at the undead body, blood with chunks of brain slowly ran down the cracks on the tiled floor, I stepped back from the blood. "Well i'll just-" "Ben look out!" Mike shouted as a lurker grabs onto my shoulder and pulls me closer. "Crap!" I shoved it away and quickly turned around to face multiple more shuffling inside the pharmacy. As Mike loaded his shotgun they all turned to us and snarled as the shuffled faster. Mike grabbed onto my shoulder and pulled me towards the back door and rattled the handle. My heart began pounding as a horde of hungry beasts began closing in on us, "Um Mike i don't want to rush you or anything but, you need to hurry! Now!" Mike slammed his shoulder into the door, "The door is locked!" I gripped onto my bat and walked up to the horde, "Take care of the door Mike!" While choking down my fear I slammed my bat into one of the lurkers skull, causing it to cave in and collapse onto the ground. I repeated the same thing until i got to the fourth lurker, one grabbed me causing my bat to swing into another lurker's jaw. Its jaw flew off and slid across the floor, the lurkers tongue hung out of its mouth as it snarled and growled at me. "Mike!" Mike turned to me with widened eyes and raised his shotgun to the lurker without a jaw and blew its brains out and quickly reloaded. The lurker that held onto me snapped at me but Mike shot it before it could bite me. Mike and I pulled back from the horde, our backs thumped against the wall as we ran out of room, I looked around for any escape routes but the only thing we had was the door which was locked.