One

It's the typical Saturday for every teenager. Another house party. What a shocker. I lay silently and emotionless on my bed. Staring at my phone.

Kira: Please Winnie. You haven't came to a party all year.

I stared at the text message from my friend Kira.

Yeah there's a reason for that.

My thoughts were always so intrusive anymore. Always coming when I least expected them to. As if I couldn't control my own mind lately.

Winter: I'll think about. No promises though.

I didn't get to look at the text message she had sent back. My dad yelling for me from downstairs kept me from looking at my phone.

"Winnie! I'm not gonna ask again. Please come downstairs!"

How many times had he yelled for me?

I shook my head and I climbed off of my bed. Making my way down the hall. I walked down the stairs and slowly made my way to the living room. I seen the people but I chose not to acknowledge them.

I walked over sitting in my usual spot. The microfiber deep grey lounger. My favorite seat in the entire house honestly. Comfortable as hell.

"Winnie this is my work colleague Brooke and her sons. Sebastian, Maddox, and Axel. They are moving in for a while. Please be respectful and welcome
Them."

I nodded my head but remained silent. Not really paying attention to my dad or any of the people in the living room. I just focused on the picture on my fireplace.

"Winnie. Did you hear me? Winnie?"

I wasn't ignoring him. I was just sort of zoned out.

"WINTER!"

I jumped at my actual name being called. I looked at my dad.

"Hmm?"

My dad sat down with a heavy sigh. His eyes fixed and focused on me.

"Sweetheart your zoning out again. How long has this Been happening? You know what the doctor said."

I shook my head as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Hmm? No. I'm fine."

My dad didn't buy it. He just continued to stare at me.

"Have you been taking your meds? You know how important they are."

I shook my head lightly. My eyes not budging from the picture.

"I don't like them." I admitted quietly.

My dad let out a breath.

"Honey you have to get out of this house. Hang out with some of your friends. It'll do you good. I'm sure Kira would love to see you. Maybe you can show the boys around."

I looked at my dad then over to the group of guys on my couch. Actually looking at them for the first time. They were all good looking. Their mom Brooke is really pretty too.

All three of them have pale green eyes and brown hair. Sebastian has short and flat hair. Maddox mid length. Not too short but not too long.

He had it styled in a messy way. Giving him a pretty sexy look. Axel has the longest hair. Going to about his chin. Maddox has tattoos. I can see the outline under his white long sleeved shirt.

It was on the tighter side too. Which told me he has a pretty impressive body. Muscles. Which are always a plus. The scar on his right brow giving him a mysterious look.