Five

When Carter signed his discharge papers they gave him copies and a few prescriptions.

"You wanna walk? I'm okay with it. I honestly feel fine."

I couldn't help but smile lightly at him.

"No it's okay. I'm trying to be okay with cars. I got into one the last 2 days. So I think I'm doing okay."

Carter smiled wide at me. As if he was happy I was trying to do normal things.

"Well the pharmacy is two blocks away. We can walk there, and then we can catch a ride to my place."

I nodded my head and Carter and I started our two block walk. Kind of just talking about what happened at the beach today. Carter ran his hand through his hair and let out a heavy breath.

"Fuck Winnie. I'm glad you was there. That coulda been bad. I'm really happy Henry is okay."

I nodded my head. "Yeah me too. It freaked us both out though."

"Well yeah. That would freak anyone out."

I smiled at Carter and then we went up to two seperate counters. He went up to the counter to drop his prescriptions off, and I went to the pickup counter.

"Hi I have a pickup for Winter Thompson."

The pharmacist smiled and got busy. Typing in her computer and then walking over to the bin. Searching through the huge bin of T last names.

"Th or To?"
"Th." I replied.

After a few more seconds she pulled out multiple prescription bags. She walked over ringing me up.

"Okay any questions?"
"No."

She handed me the bag and smiled. "Have a nice day."

I smiled at her thanking her and went over to the drink section. Searching for something. Not really wanting anything specific.

"What do you want?"

I shrugged my shoulders at Carter's sudden question.

"I have know idea."

Carter laughed and grabbed himself a monster. I ended up choosing a cherry Pepsi. When Carter's prescriptions were ready he paid for the drinks.

"Okay do you need anything else?"

I looked around shaking my head.

"Mmm noooo. Thank you though."

Carter smiled and let out a breathy sound. His usual laugh that said god your silly. I smiled wide and we waited outside the main doors of the pharmacy.

"I'm really happy your staying with me. Thanks for agreeing to this. I know I don't deserve it."

You're right you don't. I wish I could un-love someone.

"You get your closure and I get my answers. It's a win win."

Carter smiled lightly. As if he knew that was just my excuse I was using. I had to make sure. I couldn't help it.

I've been with Carter since we were 13. I still love him. I know I shouldn't but I do.

"Hi Uber for Carter."

Carter nodded his head and opened the back door of the Toyota Camry. I got in and then Carter got in beside me.

"Hey just breathe. I got you."

My reflex kicked in and I grabbed Carter's hand. The Uber driver looked at us but he didn't say anything. Thankfully Carter didn't live too far from the pharmacy. Only about a five minute drive but an hour walk.