thirty- three

"She's three."

I didn't say anything else. I just walked over to the couch and sat down. Kyla still in my arms. Her crying had subsided as I rubbed her back lightly.

She was still clinging onto her stuffed bunny. Maddox just stood in my living room. Looking at me as if I had blind sided him. Shock written all over his face. Which I suppose I did.

His friend didn't say anything. He just looked at me then to Maddox.

"You can sit. He's processing. He'll sit when he's ready."

His friend looked at Maddox once more and walked over sitting down.

"I'm Alistair." He said in a soft voice.

My guess was he was trying to not scare Kyla more then they had already.

"Winter but I'm sure you already knew that."

He smiled and nodded his head. I just kept rubbing Kyla's back. Slowly calming her down and putting her to sleep again. When she was finally asleep I stood up.

Walking back into her room and laying her down onto her bed.

"Mommy..."

I smiled down at her and I rubbed her back gently for a few more minutes. Ensuring she was asleep. When she was dead asleep again I covered her back up and kissing her again.

When I finally made it back to the living room Maddox was finally sitting on the couch.

Let's get this shit over with.

As soon as I sat down Maddox and Alistair looked at me. Maddox had hurt, confusion and pretty much every emotion on his face.

"I tried to tell you. Ya know?"

Maddox sighed rubbing his face with his big hands.
"When?"

I looked at Maddox and crossed my legs. "When you told me what I had to say wasn't important. Then you slammed the door in my face."

Maddox looked at me and sighed lightly. He remembers good.

"W-What's her name?"

I looked at him and let out a soft breath. "Kyla Noa Thompson."

Maddox looked hurt at my words. "You didn't give her my last name?"

I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. "Why would I? You weren't around to raise her. I was."

Maddox looked hurt again at my words. However he knew I was right.

"Why are you here Maddox?" I asked with slight irritation.

Maddox sighed and ran his hand through his hair again. "For you Winter. I love you. I'm sorry about everything and how it happened."

I looked at him and nodded my head. "Hmm. Oh you mean for ruining my life even though I was just a business deal?"

Maddox looked at me and sighed. "You know what happened. It wasn't my fault."

I looked at him and bit my lip. Nodding my head lightly.

"That doesn't make it okay. You had every opportunity to tell me the truth. Yet you never did. Not you, not Bash or Axel. Not Kira or my own family. I mean fuck Maddox you all fucking ruined my life. I got raped, all my friends died. I don't have a relationship with my own family now."

Well that's kind of a lie, but who cares.

That surprised Maddox. He looked at me with a confused look on his face.