Fifteen

"You can't go. If Randy finds out there is know telling what he will do to you. You know I can't do shit about it either Princess."

I looked at Nate as he sat on my bed smoking a cigarette as he held my phone in his hand. I rolled my eyes as soon as I seen it.

"Seriously Nate. You can't just go through my phone whenever you want. You do know that don't you?"

Nate shook his head and scoffed. "Winter this isn't a game. If Randy finds out it'll be bad. The last time you broke the rule he almost took your fucking eye out. You can't go."

I sighed as I sat down to put my shoes on. "Nate this doesn't involve you. You know that don't you? He said nothing would happen. Besides I'm taking Max so nothing will."

Nate shook his head. "Take me instead. We go down then we go down together and Max doesn't get hurt."

Fuck I hate you.

I looked at Nate and let out a heavy breath. "Fine, but your driving."

Nate nodded his head and I slipped my phone in my back pocket. I put my jacket on and I grabbed my gun.

"Hey me and Nate are gonna go for coffee and talk."

Max gave me a soft smile and nodded his head. Nate drove the sixteen minutes and we walked into the coffee shop. Maddox was already sitting at a table with Alistair.

Nate and I both went to the counter. He ordered us our coffees and then we sat down.

"What do you want Maddox?" I asked.

Maddox kept his eyes on me. No expression what so ever. He's always been better at controlling his emotions and reactions better than I have. Better then anyone I have ever met in my life honestly. I took a drink of my coffee and kept my eyes on him.

"You. I want you Winter. I'm pretty sure I've proven that to you. I've killed for you. I went to prison for you. I called war over you. I want you."

Nate scoffed but he didn't say anything. He just sat there completely silently and drank his coffee.

He's jealous.

"So I'm prepared to call a truce. A truce between both sides and I get you. There is a spot for everyone you want with you as well. You, your family and friends. Know matter what has happened up until now will be forgiven. Nothing will happen to you or anyone of them. I will take Randy out though."

I sighed and took a drink of my coffee before I answered him.

"And why would I agree to that Maddox?"

Maddox smiled lightly. "Because I know you Winter. You would do anything to protect the people you love and care about. And I'm offering that to you. No more death. No more pain."

I didn't say anything. I just looked at him. Not really knowing what to say honestly. Maddox pointed to my face.

"That would never had happened if you just stayed where you was at. With me. I may have hurt you before but nothing like that. You are different though."

Maddox smiled lightly. "Stronger. Fiercer. Something I would never have been able to accomplish with you. I know that. I know I've done you wrong in the past but I'm here to fix it. To change it. So let me. Accept the deal. Protect your people and let me take Randy out."

I didn't say anything. I didn't have the chance to. When I heard the bell above the door I felt the color drain from my face.

"Fuck." I mumbled lightly.
"You sure this was worth it princess?"