Twelve

"Thank you all for coming. I appreciate it with being such short notice. As you all are aware we have made much progress. More progress then what we have ever dreamed of. You all work exceptionally hard to make that happen. Today we will be bringing in two more members and you all will receive a token for the courage, bravery, willpower and hard work that I have been witnessing. I want to introduce April and Sam."

Well I definitely never thought I would see them again.

Everyone started clapping and whistling. I didn't. I just locked eyes on April. Who also picked me out of the group already. It only took seconds for Sam to see me.

"Do you know them princess?"

I heard Nate but I didn't look at him. I kept my eyes glued front.

"Yeah. I used to work with April. Sam is her brother."

Nate didn't say a word.

"We will be doing April's initiation first. Let's see if we can find the lucky fellow."

The second the words left Randy's mouth I grabbed Nate's hand. Who snorted a small snicker beside me.

"Not a word Nate." I mumbled. Randy was looking out onto the crowd.

"MILLER!" He yelled.

April looked at him and her eyes widened slightly. Knowing damn well he is the one who almost strangled me. When she looked at me I slowly nodded my head with a smile. Letting her know we trust him.

We all stood still and watched April be beaten by Randy and branded. Then we watched Sam go through the same thing.

"Very well. Miller and April follow me. Sam you
will-" Randy stopped talking and found me.

"Lovely Winter. Who is our next target?"

I didn't miss a beat. I answered him with no emotion in my voice. "Any one of the lower levels at the solstice. We want to let them know we're still watching them."

Randy smiled wide at me. "Oakley and Colt go with Sam. Make sure nothing is fucked up. We will all meet back here in three hours. You all are dismissed."

I dropped Nate's hand and I walked away.

"Princess you're not about to do that and just walk away."

I could hear the group laughing and chuckling.

"Yes I am. See y'all in three hours." I said as I kept walking. I went and checked on the kids which were fine. They always were. However I always checked. I waved to them and walked back to the house.

When I went upstairs to grab my phone to get a few hours of work done I stopped. Stopped dead in my tracks. Nate was on my bed holding himself up with his elbows. A cigarette hanging almost carelessly from his lips. The suspenders hugged his chest perfectly against the shirt he was wearing.

Dear god. Don't fucking cave Winter. Don't you dare. You keep your fucking legs closed you god damn slut.

I didn't even say a word. I just let out a heavy breath as I looked at him. In all his sexiness on my bed. When Nate looked over at me a small yet cocky sexy smile played on his lips.

"Hi Princess."

Oh I hate you.

I looked at Nate and swallowed my spit. Trying to wet my mouth and throat. That surprisingly became exceedingly dry.

"Don't make me beg you princess. Because we both know I fucking will. Be a good girl and come here."

I let out a breath and shut my door. I didn't say a single word. I just shut my door and walked over to Nate. Who was still laying on my bed. In the exact position he had been. The only difference is he took his cigarette from his lips.