Seventeen

"What's going on? Why the secrecy?"

I looked at Kayla and let out a soft breath. The entire group was staring and Nate and I. I mean we were acting weird. We wouldn't even talk out loud until we were in the next town over.

"Nax thinks he seen Carter and Destiny in the upstairs window of Rusty's cabin."

Everyone looked at me. Wide eyes and probably in shock or denial.

"Is he sure?"

I looked at Max and shrugged my shoulder. "Honestly I don't know. All I know is he was certain and yelled at me. Saying he wasn't lying."

Everyone just looked at me. Dumb founded and wide eyed.

"Wasn't there a funeral and everything though?" Alistair asked.

Yes.

"Yes but so did all of them. There was no bodies to identify. The semi pretty much made it impossible. All they found was the cell phones. That's why they said it was them. But what if it wasn't? What if Randy grabbed them and then used other people."

Fuck I don't know.

"Maybe. I only told Axel what the car looked like. It could have been a different car."

I looked at Maddox and let out a breath.

"So what's the plan then?" Colt asked. Finally saying something.

Bash let out a breath. "Something fucking stupid. That's for sure."

Very stupid. I have to try though.

"The plan is I break a rule. Get in trouble and keep Randy preoccupied with my punishment. Then you guys come in. Find that upstairs room and find out for sure. If there is nothing then get out."

"And if there is?" Kayla asked.

"Get them out and then I kill Randy."

Everyone looked at me and Lola groaned. "I don't know Winnie. That last punishment was brutal. I mean what Randy made everyone do to you." She said with tears in her eyes. Her just witnessing it fucked with her.

I looked at Lola and nodded my head. "I know. I know Lola but I have to try."

Colt took a drink of his coffee and rubbed his face. "Fuck it. I'm in. That bastard let power go to his head. He's went off the god damn deep end. Winnie is right. We have to try."

I gave Colt a smile and after about another 15 minutes of talking we had a plan. An escape and we just needed to prepare. Put everything into motion. Hopefully none of us died though.

So that's what we did for the next two months. Preparing and working on our escape plan. Until we were ready. We all settled on Florida. Saving up every last penny we all had. Maddox put everything at the solstice including a new rv for us all.

Randy had been even worse then before. He was punishing members for easy fixes. In the last month our numbers went down by 70%. The members were either disappearing in the middle of the night or choosing suicide as the best option to get out.

"Okay Kayla, Lola, Leah you three are gonna take the kids. Wait at the solstice in Maddox's safe room. If we don't succeed and Randy shows up. He won't find any of you. Once the coast is clear stick with the plan. If we ain't there by 10am tomorrow morning. Stick with the plan."

They nodded their heads and Oakley and I kissed the kids. I hugged Kayla and Lola and they left. I waited for the okay text from one of them. Which told me they were there and in the safe room. By the time I got that message everyone else was already in motion. Waiting in plain sight.