Eleven

"Wanna go to a bonfire tonight. Everyone's gonna be there?"

I looked at Kira and shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure. Why not."

Kira smiled wide. I could see the angry and annoyed scowl on Maddox's face.

Maddox: No

I couldn't help but smile through me biting my bottom lip. The random text message from Maddox made me smile.

Winter: Why not?

I could see his annoyed eye roll. Quite dramatic too.

Maddox: Because I said so. I won't be there to keep you safe.

Awe.

I smiled wide.

"Dress cute and the guys can come too. All my college friends wanna meet you Axel.

Winter: You were saying??

The smile on Maddox's face instantly made my heart thump and warm.

Maddox: Shut up.

I couldn't stop the laugh from escaping. Making all eyes on me.

"Who are you texting?"

I looked at Kira crossing the living room. Coming straight for me. Straight for my phone. Everyone was looking at me. I hit my side button locking my phone. As fast as I could.

"No one."

Kira sighed and grabbed my phone. Her mouth instantly dropped wide open.

"You changed your pin? Are you serious?"

Maddox was trying to contain his amusement.
So was I. I looked at Kira as if I was shocked.

"Whaaat? Someone changed my pin? Hmmm.
That's so weird."

Kira snorted at me and crossed her arms over her chest. Axel and Sebastian both smiled.

"Whose the new guy? I want all the details."

I shrugged my shoulders at her. "I seriously have no idea what your talking about."

Kira smiled at me. "Bullshit! Is this why you've been so secretive and smiles for the last few weeks?"

I sighed heavily at Kira.

"Kira your reading into things that aren't there. Nothing is going on. Im just trying. Just like you, Oakley, Leah and dad have been begging me to for almost a year."

Kira smiled at me and sat down.  "Well whatever it is, I'm glad. I missed hearing you laugh and seeing you smile."

"So have I."

I looked over at my dad who just walked into the room. I gave him a smile.

"Honey I wanted you to talk to someone."

Oakley walked into the room. Anger on his face.

"Oh. You thought my reaction was bad? I'm glad I didn't fucking miss this."

Oakley was seething with anger. Everyone could see it. I looked at Oakley then to my dad.

"What's going on?"

My dad shot Oakley a side glance then looked back to me.

"Someone in the kitchen wants to speak with you."

I looked at my dad then to Oakley. He scoffed and shook his head.

"This is fucking unbelievable dad."