Three

When I woke up Henry was gone. My room empty. Everyone had left. I rolled over and laid emotionless in bed. For a while. At least thirty minutes.

When I finally mustered up enough strength I climbed out of bed. Making my way to the bathroom.

"Wanna go swimming today?"

I looked over and Kira was standing next to Axel. Her body language told me she was flirting with him. And that she likes him.

Ohhhh Kira. You little slut.

I didn't say anything. I just looked at her. Kira groaned and rolled her neck.

"Please Winter. It's the dead of summer and I wanna swim. Your my best friend. You have to come with me. It's like a rule."

I looked at Kira and raised my eyebrows. Letting the  confusion yet comical words show on my face.

"A rule huh?"

Kira nodded her head. A huge smile on her face.

"Yup. A rule. It's the rule in girl code winter. If your best friend wants to do something, you go with. Know matter how stupid or dangerous. You show up. And I hate to remind you of recent events, but you haven't done much showing up for me lately."

Oh she did not. She just really did that.

I looked at Kira and bit my lip. Guilt being my main emotion. I mean she was right. However it wasn't my fault. After what happened I didn't want to do much of anything.

"Fine. I'll go swimming with you, but I have to go get another tattoo cover."

Kira grinned wide. Excited.

"You got another tattoo?"

Before I could answer Maddox's voice behind me
Immediately irritated me.

"Another? You have more tattoos?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes Maddox I do. Why?"

Maddox walked over leaning against the wall beside Axel and Sebastian. He crossed his big arms over his chest. A cocky smile on his lips as he stared straight at me.

"Don't you have to be eighteen to get a tattoo? Your like 16."

He thinks I'm 16? Is he actually serious?

"Pfft. You think she's 16? That's ridiculous Maddox."

Maddox kept his eyes on me for a moment longer. Then he looked over to Kira to answer her question.

"Yeah. Apparently I'm wrong so then 17. My bad."

Oh this jackass. He's just being rude now.

"She's not 16. Wait how old do you guys think I am then?"

Maddox shrugged his shoulders. "17 maybe."

Kira laughed and I smiled at her reaction.

"Uhm no boys. I am 20 thank you very much. My gorgeous Winnie here is 19."

All three guys surprised.

"Your 19? Why do you live with your dad then?" Maddox asked.

Oh this fucking bastard.

I looked at him and fought my smile from showing up. Knowing I had to remain neutral to piss him off.

"Aren't you like 23?"

Maddox nodded his head. A confused expression on his face.

"Yeah so what? What does that have to do with my question?"