Thirty- four

I woke up before Kyla. Which I always did. Which honestly always surprised me, because I always went to bed way later. I climbed out of bed and went straight for my shower.

Spending a little extra time letting the hot water wash away last nights events. My bruised throat made me wince at the slightest touch.

Makeup wouldn't even cover it. It was too dark. The fresh bruise color. So I said fuck it and decided on a scarf. Which honestly kind of worked and pulled the outfit together.

Once I was finished I headed for the kitchen. Getting to work on breakfast while I drank my coffee.

"Morning mommy."

I turned around smiling at Kyla. "Morning baby. Did you sleep good?"

She yawned rubbing her eyes as she climbed onto the chair. Clutching onto her rabbit. Her curly hair frizzled. I got her one of her sippy cups filled with juice. Kissing her head lightly.

As soon as I set her plate down, her face lite up.

"My favorite!"

I smiled wide at her and added the syrup to her strawberry stuffed French toast. Kyla wasted not a single second. She dug in.

I made my own plate and I sat down joining her. Strawberry stuffed French toast, bacon, and a parfait with yogurt and granola.

I always tried to make a full and filling breakfast for her. Trying to get her all the food groups. What she didn't get with breakfast, I made sure she got for lunch.

"You look pretty today mommy."

I smiled lightly at Kyla. Thanking her before she ran off to play. I got busy with cleaning up the breakfast mess. Which only took me about thirty minutes. After that I got busy with getting Kyla ready for her day.

"Are we still going to the park mommy?"

I smiled wide at her and nodded my head. "Go brush your teeth."

Kyla smiled and ran to the bathroom. Standing on her stool and getting to work.

Winter: Going to the park if you and Nax wanna join.

I slipped my phone into my pocket and I got busy with loading the outing bag up. Extra clothes, shoes, wipes, juice boxes and snacks.

"All ready mommy."

I zipped the bag up and I grabbed my car keys grabbing Kyla. Destiny and Nax had already beaten us to the park. So the moment the kids seen each other they both ran off.

Swings, monkey bars, slides, rock climbing. The whole nine.

"What happened after we left?"

I looked at destiny and sighed as I crossed my legs.
"Nothing really. Maddox apologized and I told him to leave."

Destiny looked at me. Questions radiating on her face.

"I'm fine destiny. I promise."

She gave me a small smile and nodded her head. We talked while we watched the kids play. Play hard too. As they always did. They was seriously best friends.