four

"Hey where is everyone?"

Kira looked at me and sighed.

"Breaking Ribz out. Hopefully everything goes okay. This can go good or it can go extremely wrong. Maddox said to get something to eat. He said he will wake you up when he gets back."

I didn't say anything. I just nodded my head and headed to the kitchen. I ended up making myself a ham sandwich with pretzels.

By the time I cleaned up and climbed into his bed it was two in the morning. I was tired and got tired of waiting. So I just went to bed. I was going to go home but it just felt so empty without Kyla.

"Morning baby."

I head Maddox and I felt his arms around me. I was so tired though. I couldn't open my eyes. Not yet anyways.

"Uhh." I groaned lightly. Which made Maddox chuckle into my ear.

"It's only 9. I'll let you sleep for another hour."

I didn't say anything. I just laid there. Eyes closed and body resting. I didn't even open my eyes up until 9:37. When I finally did I climbed into the shower. Trying my hardest to wake up.

It wasn't until ten on the dot when the door opened. Maddox walked in with Alistair and a huge guy. I was showered, dressed and ready for my day already.

"You look beautiful."

I looked at maddox but ignored his statement. "What did Rusty say?"

Maddox gave me a small smile. "We have to meet him at 8. Same place but he wants Ribz to come with us. Ribz this is Winter. Winter this is Ribz."

I looked at the huge guy and held my hand out to him.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you."

He smiled at me shaking my hand but the conversation ran short. Being interrupted by my phone ringing on the stand. I didn't say anything I just walked over answering it.

"Hello."

It was destiny. Especially chipper on the other end of the phone.

"Be ready. I'm two minutes away. Let's have breakfast."

Before I could even say anything destiny hung up. I shook my head lightly and I slipped my phone into my pocket. Grabbing my bag before heading out.

"Where are you going?"

I looked back at Maddox. "I'll be back before we have to leave. Uhm it was nice meeting you Ribz."

I didn't say anything else. I just walked out of the clubhouse and got into Destiny's car.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at destiny and shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't eating. I mean not really. I was kind of just sitting at the table. Opposite of destiny kind of just playing with my food.

"Winnie you need to eat."

I looked up at her. Concern lining her eyes and covering her face.

She's worried about me.

"I can't destiny."

Destiny looked at me and grabbed my hand lightly. Making me look back up at her.

"Maddox will get her back."

Yeah but how? I'm trying to keep kyla from the violence that surrounds him. That fucking follows him.

"I feel like I can't fucking breath destiny. I just want my daughter back. It's not like this is a normal kidnapping. I can't just pay a ransom or call the cops. This is rivalry. This is because of Maddox."

Destiny gave me a small smile and nodded her head. Looking at me silently. As if she had know idea what to say or what to do. I mean In all honesty she couldn't say anything. She couldn't do anything.

"You just have to focus on the good things right now."

The good things?

"What good things?"

Destiny looked at me. Staring at me. Not saying a word. Most likely unsure what to say.

That's exactly right. There is nothing positive or anything good right now.

"I should get back. I gotta keep myself in the loop. Thanks for breakfast destiny."

Destiny looked at me and opened her mouth, but no words came out. I just walked back to the clubhouse. Hoping and praying to myself that a solution was made while I was gone.

"You're back. It's about time."

I looked at Maddox a little confused. I wasn't gone that long. He was acting like I was gone all day.

"Anything new?" I asked.

He knew what I was asking. He didn't say anything though. He just looked at me and shook his head, as he took a drink of his whiskey.

Of course not.

"Hey I got this winter. I promise. We do need to talk about what you said though."

What did I say?

Maddox knew I didn't know what he was referring to. I'm guessing based off my face. Maddox gave me a slight smile. The corner of his lips pulling slightly upwards.

"You wanting me to sign my rights away."

Oh yeah that.

"I can't do that winter. You know I can't."

Yeah I know.

I didn't say anything though. I just looked at him in complete silence. As I grabbed his whiskey and downed the harsh liquid. Letting the burn almost bring me back to reality in a way.

Can't do it? Why the hell not?

I set the glass down and looked at him as I crossed my legs.

"And why not Maddox?" I asked with no emotion.

Maddox sighed and looked at me. His gaze almost penetrating my freaking soul.

"Because Winter. She's my daughter too. I know you keep forgetting that, but she is."

I shook my head as I scoffed at him. "I didn't forget Maddox. Sure you helped make her, but you haven't helped with raising her. I know you mean well Maddox. I do. I really do, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is happening because of you. Because of who you are and what you do."

Maddox looked at me and growled lightly under his breath. He knew I was right though. His silence was loud. Loud as hell. Even if he was as silent as a fucking mute in this moment.

"You need to eat something winter."

I looked at maddox and sighed at his subject change. I hate when people do that.

"I went out with destiny."

Maddox gave me a cocky smile. Which told me he knew something. He simply nodded his head at my words.

"Mhm. That doesn't mean you actually ate winter."

Whatever.

I didn't say anything. I just shook my head at him. Not saying anything. I was just too tired to fight with him anymore. I didn't have it in me right now. All I could really do was focus on Kyla, and the gut feeling tonight was going to be bad.

I'm not sure why I had that gut feeling. I just did. It was so bad I felt like throwing up. Like throwing up all of the food I had ever consumed in my entire life.

I couldn't really put my finger on it either. I just knew tonight maddox wasn't going to have the upper hand. Based on his silence and him in his own world. I think he might have had the same feeling I did.

Neither one of us was saying anything though. Not out loud. We knew tonight would end with a conversation with us. I just wasn't sure what that conversation was going to look like. Not yet at least.

The entire clubhouse was silent today. Which meant everyone had that same gut feeling. It wasn't just me. Tonight would change everything. I just wasn't sure how. Not yet anyway. But soon enough I would.