one

I was still coughing and gasping for air. My mind replaying pictures and images from that car accident.

How in the fuck is he still alive? I watched him die. Maddox watched him die. He's been alive this entire time?

I couldn't wrap my head around any of this shit. All I knew was Kyla was gone. They took her. Nate took her....

This isn't about her. Tell your baby daddy Randy says hi. Who the fuck is Randy? Of course this has something to do with Maddox. Why am I not even fucking surprised.

I could barely breathe. Pain radiated through my entire god damn body. Neck, ribs, face, arm. Pain was everywhere. I rolled over and stood up slowly. Grunting even more as I did so.

Oh fuck the pain. Oh god it hurts. Kyla. Oh god! Where is Kyla? Oh my baby.

I had to grab onto the tree to steady myself. Every breath hurt. Every movement hurt. Closing my eyes hurt.

Images. Soooo many images in my head all at once. When I finally reached my car I was almost in tears.

Pain...
Kyla....
Nate's alive....
I need Maddox....

I grabbed my key in between my fingers and I took a deep breath.

Please start. Please start.

I turned the key for the ignition. No luck. I tried again. No luck again.

Third times a charm. Please start. I just have to make it to the clubhouse. Please.

I steadied my breath. Trying to stop my tears that were threatening to come. After a few moments I tried turning my key again. When my engine roared to life I screamed.

"YES!!!!"

I grabbed my gear shaft and I hit reverse. Reversing until I was back onto the familiar black asphalt. I hit drive and I hit the gas.

Kyla I'm gonna find you. I promise baby. Oh god she's probably so scared. I'm supposed to protect her. Oh Kyla.

The drive to the clubhouse wasn't long. I wasn't that far away, but I also didn't stop. Not once. Going through every stop sign. Every red light. Speeding.

I killed my car engine and fell on to the ground. Pain. Excruciating pain. I cried out when my arm broke my fall.

"Are you okay? What happened to you?"

I looked at the couple that was staring at me. Eyes were both wide. Shock plastered on their faces. They wasn't sure what to do. What to say. How to help.

However them being in front of the club house told me they belonged here. No one just stood in front. You had to have a death wish to do that. Everyone in this stupid ass town know that.

I groaned and stood up. Almost falling back over. I never made hard contact with the ground though. The guy grabbed a hold of me. Keeping me up.

"What's your name honey?" He asked with concern.

I didn't have time for this. I limped to the door. The familiar doors to the familiar building. The place I told myself I would never come back to. No matter what. Now look at me. Here again.

This wasn't about me though. This was about Kyla. I had to push my anger, the betrayal, the hurt, lies, hatred. I had to push all of that down. For her. For my daughter.

As soon as I walked inside all eyes were on me. Tears were streaming heavily down my bruised face. The guy and the girl from outside followed me in. They were confused how I thought I should be here.