Thirteen

"I know you're not okay. So I'm not gonna ask."

I looked at Maddox as I changed my clothes. Stripping out of my romper and, into one of his shirts and pair of shorts.

"I just just don't get it. How does an entire police station loose evidence. Months worth of evidence."

I sighed heavily as I took my hair out.

"They don't."

I looked at Maddox confused. My expression even mirrored my confusion. Maddox sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

"So I was thinking-"

When the door flung open I jumped. Covering myself with Maddox's shirt. The shirt I was waiting to put on until I took my hair out.

"BASH!"

Sebastian and May both gasped and spun around. I hurried to put the shirt on. Maddox rolled his eyes. Clearly irritated.

"I'm so sorry Winnie."

I couldn't help but giggle at his apology. Embarrassment shielding my face.

"I'm dressed now."

Sebastian and May both turned back around. Both having red faces. Apparently just as embarrassed as I was.

"I'm really sorry Winnie. I didn't think."

I shook my head grabbing my makeup wipes from the stand.

"It's fine."

"Bullshit!" Maddox snapped.

I looked at Maddox with a smile on my face. I turned my attention back to Sebastian and May.

"What's up Bash?"

Bash sighed sitting down. Maddox sighed throwing his hands in the air, before walking out of the room.

"What's his problem?"

I waved my hand. Dismissing Maddox's attitude.

"He's fine."

Sebastian nodded his head. He didn't say anything though. He just looked at me. I looked in the mirror checking to make sure all my makeup was off.

"Want some May?

She nodded her head. I tossed the package to her.

"Thanks."

I nodded my head. Maddox walked back in handing everyone a water.

"So as I was saying. Before my brother just checked my naked girlfriend out. They don't loose evidence."

I looked at Maddox smiling shaking my head.

"He wasn't checking me out. It was an accident. And what are you talking about?"

My face covered in confusion again. Maddox sat down looking at me.

"It was an inside job baby. Someone made that evidence disappear."

I looked at him and bash. Bash nodding his head.

"That's why I came in. To say the same thing."

I looked between them and shook my head. "Why would someone do that? No one would do that. You guys are crazy."

Maddox closed his water and set it down. His eyes fixed on me. His gaze heavy.

"You see the good in people Winter. People aren't good. I've seen enough shit, and been around enough shitty people to know the difference. You're a good person. He isn't. And I'm telling you baby someone took that evidence."