Seventeen

"Dad just tell me. Are you the one that did it?"

My dad and Brooke looked at me. Brooke had tears welling up in her eyes. She could see the hurt on my face.

"Winter." My dad muttered in a overly soft voice.

I shook my head at him saying my name.

"JUST ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION DAD! ARE YOU THE ONE THAT FUCKING HIRED MADDOX?!"

Please just answer me.

"....yes."

His voice came out soft and low. Regret filling his tone as he spoke. He could barely look at me. The moment I heard his almost silent yes tears streamed down my face. Leah gasped In disbelief.

"It wasn't supposed to happen like that honey. I met Maddox a year and a half ago. When I learned about what he did I paid him. Just to keep a close eye on you. Nate was always getting you two into trouble. I was just being a dad. Nothing was supposed to happen honey. Nothing that did happen. I'm sorry. Maddox feels like shit. Will you please just talk to him? Talk to all of them?"

I scoffed loudly as I wiped my tears away. I didn't say anything to him though. I just turned my attention to Brooke. Her face told me she was aware from the beginning.

I turned to Leah and Oakley. I needed to know who all knew. Who all knew and didn't say a fucking thing to me.

"Did you know?"

Leah immediately shook her head.  "No. Absolutely not. I swear Winnie."

She's telling the truth. I can always tell when she's lying.

I just looked at Oakley. He didn't answer the question. He was just staring at me.

"O. You knew didn't you?"

My voice was soft when I asked my big brother this. He just looked at me. His face softened to a gentleness I hadn't seen in years.

"O?" I asked again. My voice even lower then the first time a slight tremble to it.

Oakley looked at me. "Just listen to me Winnie."

Oh. My. God.

I looked at Oakley as if he had cold cocked me in the mouth. Even Leah looked betrayed as she looked at him. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god. You knew? You knew this entire time? I expected it out of dad, but you?"

Oakley got up walking towards me. Tears streaming heavily down my face. Oakley grabbed my arms. As if keeping me in place. Stopping me from running away.

"Just listen to me Winnie. What happened was never apart of the deal. You wasn't supposed to get fucking raped. You was never supposed to get hurt. That car accident wasn't supposed to happen. None of that was supposed to happen. He was just supposed to be at the right place at the right time if you needed help. Specifically to get you outta trouble Nate always seemed to get you in. Once more arrest and you was facing a year in jail. We was just trying to protect you. That's it."

I pushed Oakley off of me. Crying as I shook my head.

"I had sex with him! I thought! Oh my god all of you are just a bunch a fucking liars."

I didn't say anything else. I just walked up the stairs and headed to my bedroom. Tears streaming heavily down my face.

As soon as I got to my room I shut my door. I fell to the floor crying hysterically. Feeing let down and betrayed by everyone in my life.

I can't trust a single person anymore. Fuck all of them!

With no car, not much money saved, and nowhere to go. All I could do was stay until I could leave. My phone ringing made me look up.