Eighteen

Carter: How is it?

I smiled at the text message Carter just sent me. I grabbed my phone and texted him back.

Winter: Good just tiring. I still have so much to do. I feel like I'm not making a dent.

I jumped the moment my buzzer sounded the apartment. I walked over hitting the talk button.

"Who is it?"

I hit the listen button as soon as I finished talking.

"So you pretty much said you needed help. I just happened to be in the neighborhood with a random pizza."

I could help but laugh at Carter's response. He wasn't slick. I hit the buzzer button and within a few minutes he came into view.

"Just happened to be in the neighborhood with a pizza huh?"

Carter laughed shrugging his shoulders. "It sounded good."

I smiled wide letting him in. He looked around and exhaled a deep breath. He set the pizza down and looked at me.

"I guess it is a good thing I'm here. You really could use some help."

I laughed at him and he smiled. Carter wasn't fucking around either. We both got straight to work. He moved all the furniture for me. Exactly where I wanted it.

He started on mounting my television while I worked on the kitchen. The living room came out pretty good. Big plants in the far corner of the room. The couch in the center of the room.

Glass coffee table in front of the sectional couch and two end tables on each end of the couch. The end tables matching the coffee table. A small succulent with pebbles on the center of the coffee table.

A fuzzy light grey rug that matched the color of the couch. A white blanket draped over the couch back. A long wooden stand by the door. A big bowl on the stand for mail and keys.

A rug on the other side of the door for shoes. A circular wood table with four white chairs in the kitchen. Red placemats at each chair. A fruit bowl with apples in it.

The fridge, stove and microwave was all built in. All black stainless steel. I set up my new red keurig and the tray of k-cups. I finished the kitchen putting the air fryer on the counter.

Setting up the drying rack and matching drying mat. Paper towel holder. I put the cutlery set out and finished it up completely with plain rugs at the oven, fridge and sink.

"Damn your fast."

I turned around smiling at Carter as I plugged in my wax warmer and popping in a wax melt. Carter and I made our way to the bathroom. He got busy on folding towels and washcloths and putting them in the built in shelf.

I got busy on putting everything away. Setting up and organizing the counter, medicine cabinet and drawers. I added toilet paper to the holder and Carter put the rugs down.

"We're making excellent time. Let's eat then we can finish with your room."

I nodded my head and we headed to the kitchen.

"Thanks for coming over to help. Well honestly for everything."

Carter smiled at me. "You don't have to keep thanking me Winnie."

I snorted as I swallowed my bite of food. "I really do though Carter. You've done an excessive amount for me. Just today. I really do appreciate it."

Carter smiled at me as he leaned over kissing my cheek. Which immediately got red.