Twenty- five

Kyla is the most perfect baby. She rarely cries. Only when I'm sleeping and not paying attention to her. Which is adorable. Aside from that she has a fussy sound for whatever she wants.  She's a good baby.

"How are you?"

I smiled at the doctor. "Good."

"And how is Kyla?"

I smiled even wider. "She's good. She's a good baby. She eats a lot which is a good thing beings her weight. She sleeps pretty good throughout the night. She doesn't really cry. Just normally fusses."

The doctor smiled wide as he started his examination on her.

"She's gained a pound. Which is good but I wanna see a bigger weight gain if we can. She responds well to movement. Heart is good. Breathing is good."

I smiled at the good news.

"Now onto her shots."

I nodded my head. "Yes. All her shots."

The doctor smiled wide at me. "That's what I love to hear."

He went onto giving Kyla her shots. Which resulted in her crying and screaming.

"Ohhh no. It's all done. All over with. Such a strong baby. Such a good girl."

Kyla's tears kept coming but her screams got lower once she was on my arms again. The doctor smiled at her fussiness and me calming her down.

"Next check up is her three month check up. Make the appointment now though. I book up fast."

I nodded my head. "Thank you."

He smiled leaving and I headed to the front desk. After some typing and searching the receptionist got her in.

"See you in a month."

I smiled and left. I strapped Kyla into her car seat and I headed to the drive through for a coffee. When I got home Leah and Henry was on the landing of my apartment building.

"AUNT WINNIE!"

I smiled wide hugging them.

I grabbed Kyla's car seat and my stuff and we went over to the bench. Henry went straight to the playground. I unstrapped Kyla and passed her to Leah. Who was already gushing.

"God she's freaking perfect."

I smiled wide. "I know. I keep staring at her. Like if I blink she's gonna disappear."

Leah laughed and nodded her head. "Don't worry. That's normal. I did the same thing."

Henry played only for a few minutes before we went inside. I grabbed my mail and we headed up to my apartment.

"Hi Leah. Hi little dude!"

Henry bolted into Carter's arms smiling and laughing. Which made Destiny smile wide. I put Kyla in her swing and I opened my mail.

"What's the smile for?"

I turned my paper around so everyone could see it. My diploma and my certificate from college finally came in the mail.

"Hell yeah. That's awesome Win."

I put them back in the envelope and put it on my table by my door.

"So how are things?"

Leah let out a breath as she sat down. "Good. Oakley and me are finally in an okay place. I talked your dad into not telling anyone about her. He's hurt he can't see her but he gets it. I won't even let him tell Oakley since him and Maddox still talk."