Thirty

"So this is the secret huh?"

I looked at Oakley and nodded my head with a slight lip bite. Not really sure how he was going to feel about this. I pulled Kyla from her car seat and took her jacket off. Kyla smiling wide at me.

"Well hi gorgeous."

Kyla laughed and held onto me. Which made me chuckle at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

I looked at Oakley and sighed. "I didn't want you to tell anyone. I've done a lot to keep her a secret. I didn't want you to ruin it in ten seconds."

Oakley smiled at Kyla.

"She's beautiful Winnie."

I smiled right back at him. "Her names Kyla."

Oakley smiled wide. Staring at her.

"You wanna hold her?" I asked as I looked at him.

Oakley grinned wide and nodded his head. As soon as he had Kyla in his arms he had tears streaming down his cheeks.

He was talking to her in a light voice. She was just staring at him. Trying to feel him out.

"God she's beautiful. Wait am I the last person to know?"

I shrugged my shoulders at him. Not really answering his question. Deep down he knew the answer. He didn't press it though.

Oakley held Kyla for about 10 minutes. Then he handed her back to me. Which I gladly accepted. I held her sitting her up on my lap as I sat down.

"So are you just not gonna tell him? I mean beings you and Carter have been broken for a long time now, I'm assuming she's Maddox's."

I looked at Oakley letting out a heavy and deep breath before answering him.

"Yeah Maddox is the dad. And you don't know anything Oakley. I tried to tell him okay. When I found out I went to go see him. To tell him. He slammed the door in my face and said whatever I had to say wasn't important to him. So don't sit there and judge me."

My dad walked into the room. Hearing the little argument I was having with Oakley. He didn't say anything though. He just stood there with Leah. Letting the argument happen. Knowing it needed to happen.

"Well I wonder why Winnie. You put him in jail."

This god damn bastard.

I looked at Oakley and scoffed loudly. Kyla was just on my lap. Observing us both.

"I didn't put him in jail. He put himself in jail by taking the blame for everyone. I sent that recording so the bastard that raped me and killed my fucking friends, wouldn't get away with it. Tell me Oakley. Why the fuck does Maddox get your fucking loyalty but your god damn sister doesn't?"

Oakley looked at me. Shocked I just asked him that. He swallowed hard and shook his head.

"It's not like that. Not at all. You know that winnie. I'm just saying, your keeping his kid from him. Who does that?"

Leah groaned making a face. I smiled at Oakley and shook my head.

"I'm not keeping her from him. I tried to tell him. He didn't wanna fucking hear it. I'm keeping her from his fucking psychotic gang that chased me down in my fucking car yesterday. I'm keeping her from the danger associated with that place. I'm keeping her safe. It's probably the exact reason you don't take Henry to the clubhouse. To keep him safe."

Oakley shook his head and snorted sarcastically.
"That's different. Henry and Kyla are completely fucking different."

"Please Oakley. Tell me how exactly."