Twenty-one

I could feel that weird feeling. That very specific one that came with being followed. I kept walking. Trying to avoid the feeling.

Uneasiness coming over my entire body. Until I spun around fastly. Locking eyes with two guys I recognized. As soon as they seen me see them, they acted as if they was looking for something.

"What are two doing? Why have you been following me?"

Gus and Frank both looked at me.

"Sorry Winnie. We have our orders. You're still under the protection of the club."

I laughed and scoffed at Gus's words.

"You can tell your boss to go fuck himself. That I don't want his help or his protection. That I can take care of myself just fine. That I was fine until he came
Into the god damn picture. You go tell him that and all of you stay the fuck away from me."

I didn't say anything else. I just turned on my heel and walked away.

"That's not really your decision Winter."

I stopped to a dead halt. Turning back around and walking back over to the two men.

"Excuse me? It's not my decision huh? It's not my decision if two fucking puppets follow me around like the two good little bitches they are?"

Both of them tightened their jaws as they looked at me. Irritation and anger covering every space on their faces.

"I beg to differ you two. The last people that fucked with me ended up in prison. Where exactly is your boss? Keep fucking with me and you two will go see him soon. I fucking mean it. Leave. Me. The. Hell. Alone!"

I turned again and walked off. I mean it was fucking annoying. I was trying to move on. I was trying to forget about the shit. Yet Maddox wouldn't let that shit happen if he kept making his men follow me around.

It's fucking annoying not being able to leave my house, unless I'm dressed in the most baggiest clothes I could find. Trying to hide my pregnancy from everyone.

Surprisingly no one noticed yet. I wasn't huge but I did have a belly. A cute little bump. I mean I was finally into my third trimester already. I was six months. And the best part. A healthy baby as of right now.

"Hi I have an appointment at 315. Winter Thompson."

The receptionist smiled and we went from there. I was mid game on my phone when I looked up. My name being called got my attention.

Perfect.

I was staring at Kira and Axel. Axel looked sad when he was looking at me. Kira looked at me as if she was hoping, I would pretend like everything was fine.

I looked at them and sighed. Looking straight back down to my phone. Completely ignoring them and going back to my game. I heard a deep sigh but I didn't look up. I didn't pay attention.

"Winnie."

I looked up from my phone and locked eyes with the nurse. She was standing with my chart in her hand. A big smile on her face. I put my phone away and walked over to her. Heading through the door to the back area.

She didn't say a single word. The whole time she got my blood pressure, height and weight she remained silent. As did I. Exactly how I asked for it to be on my first appointment. I didn't want ease droppers where they shouldn't be.

Once we were in the room with the door shut is when she spoke.

"How are you feeling?"

I nodded my head.