Twenty- nine

I grabbed Kyla and sat down on the floor. My back to the wall. My body shaking lightly from my inner fear.

"Shut up. No one say a word. Shut the lights off. Phones on silent."

Everyone did as I said and went silent. Listening. Listening silently. I popped my boob into Kyla's mouth to keep her quiet. To make sure she didn't make a sound.

"Where the fuck is she?"

That was Axel.

"We lost her. She's fast."

I listened closely. I listened intently.

"SHE DIDN'T FUCKING DISAPPEAR! SHES IN THIS BUILDING SOMEWHERE! I WANT HER FUCKING FOUND. NOW!"

I bit my lip and I looked down at Kyla. I looked up and locked eyes with Carter.

"I got this." He whispered.

I shook my head no but he didn't listen. He went to the balcony and shut the door, before I could even move. I looked over and he started walking the ledge.

Fucking lunatic.

Destiny and me both covered our mouths. To muffle our cries. Worried. I mean he could fall. It would be a pretty far drop. He would die on impact.

"I want her found now. She's fucking hiding something."

"Yes sir."

Seconds later I heard a door open.

The apartment next door?

"Axel? Hey dude. What are you doing here? Holy shit are you moving in?"

What the fuck are you doing Carter?! Get out of this situation. Please!

"Carter? Oh no I'm actually looking for Winnie. Does she uh live here by chance?"

Carter laughed. "Naw. Her and my girl are friends. Which is super fucking weird for me by the way, but it makes my girl happy. You just missed them actually. My girl parks in the back. They take the rear exit. Did she finally forgive y'all? That's good. She's been super upset."

Carter they will kill you.

"Trying. I'm hoping she will finally talk to me. So where's the back exit?"

"Oh back down to the lobby. The only other door that doesn't have a stair sign. That's the back exit. Gotta be careful though. You can't get back in without a key. Alarm sounds after ten seconds too. It's super annoying."

Axel chuckled. "Thanks. I owe you one Carter!"

I could hear footsteps running down the hall. Until it was covered in silence. Moments later Carter unlocked my door with his key.

He locked it back up and turned the light on. He kissed Destiny.

"I'm fine." He said in a soft voice as he cupped her face. He knew she was scared.

She nodded her head and everyone looked over at me. I didn't say anything though. I just kept crying.

"Winnie what happened?"

I looked at Kyla then to Carter. "Gus knows. I have to go see Maddox."

Carter and destiny both let out a breath as they sat down. Destiny shook her head lightly at me.

"No. That's impossible Winnie. He can't know. You've been extremely careful."

Carter sighed heavily as he looked at me. "What exactly did he say?"

I looked at Carter and I moved Kyla. Starting to burp her. I let out a slow and steady breath.

"Well dad and Oakley told me the truth. So I went to the clubhouse to ask if it was true. It apparently is."