Chapter 4

Lesso woke up first and stared at the other woman in her bed dressed in a simple black nightgown. She looked at the messy hair fanned out across the pillow and the small frown on her face.

What had just happened?

In all her years working as the Dean of evil and even in her time as a student the Storian hadn't done that to her. She felt both completely fine and somehow drunk and ill at the same time. She both wanted to stay under the blanket for a few more hours and start her day.

She looked over to her window to find the curtains closed so she decided that no matter how bad her guts had twisted she would open them. When she did she found that it was still night as she could still see the moon.

She went around the room in search of her coat and the pocket watch that was usually attached to it. Once she found the watch still attached to the cotton she lifted it up and checked, ah yes, of course it was three in the morning.

Her bad sleeping habits had only become exaggerated with the merge as nightmares and insomnia kept her up most nights.

She looked back over at the sleeping woman and sighed.

She was not carrying her to a different room and her back was aching far too much to sleep on the floor. She did contemplate throwing out the reader but she looked almost peaceful so she let her be and decided to suck it up.

The dean moved over to the side of the bed that wasn't occupied and lifted the cover to find a hand almost to the edge. She looked up at the other woman unimpressed before picking up the hand with two fingers and a thumb and moving it back to the other side.

As she noticed the long sleeves of the nightgown, Leonora decided to see what she was wearing and looked into the mirror to find herself in a short sleeved light grey nightgown that barely reached her knees.

Oh fuck no.

She marched over to her wardrobe and swung it open before sifting through to try and find her regular sleepwear. Thank the stars she found before her clothes caught on fire from her frustration.

She took a glance towards the woman who appeared to be fully out and decided to just risk and change there and then, but thought about the look of horror that would cross the reader's face if she saw what lay under her suits and coats.

She preferred not to test her theory.

So Leonora went into the bathroom connected to her room to change as the small chance of causing distress for the reader didn't sit right with her. For whatever reason even though she didn't understand why.

As she peeled away the thin nightdress she looked at herself in the mirror. For whatever reason the Storian had decided, her hair was now tied back out of her face and her makeup was wiped clean, showing the freckles and scars she covered up, to stop irritation in her sleep.

She thanked the talking feather for that.

As she left the bathroom with her proper clothing on she turned to the bed to see a rather amusing scene. Scripta had managed to take Lesso’s pillow and put it over her stomach and was now in the space where the pillow should have been with her feet dangling off of the bed.

Leonora decided to put the poor woman out of her misery and ensure that she didn't have back pain later. She walked over and gently, not really, tapped her on the shoulder. She received a slap on the arm that nearly burned her as she stepped back on pain.

Was that the woman's talent? Warmth?

She growled at the horrid feeling taking over her arm and decided to just take the covers off and when that didn't work she straddled, attacked, the woman to try and get her to wake up.