Chapter 36

Scripta shifted in her seat for what seemed the millionth time after she had taken her place at the head of the table. It felt wrong, so incredibly wrong, to look upon the staff as a higher up. This was not what she imagined doing with her Wednesday morning.

Holding a staff meeting to look over rules and decide which ones needed to be revised or downright removed.

She looked over at the feather that was floating next to her and she was sure that if it coil glare at her then it would be. “Scripta, sit your ass still before I beat it.”

The schoolmaster chuckled awkwardly. ”You wouldn't do that to me. Right?”

The quill floated in front of her and was silent for a few moments which made Scripta look away briefly. “You fucking pulled my feather, you have no right to tell what to do.”

Scripta rubbed the back of her neck. “You know, really it was your fault for overdosing me. If anyone is to blame it's you.”

The Storian chuckled. “Who's fault was it?”

The schoolmaster faulted for a few moments. “It was… you know, maybe I should have told you not to give me so much now that I think about it.”

The feather hummed just as the staff started to appear through the doors, Scripta straightened up under the gazes of quite a few glares. “Welcome, please find a seat and we can begin what we are here to do.”

A few gave her a nod or grumble and sat down in their regular seats, the feather floated casually to the side of her and Emma was the first to say anything as she tilted her head in confusion. “Why is the Storian here? It usually doesn't leave the tower.”

Scripta smiled at and crossed her arms on the table in front of her. “Well, Emma, the Storian seems to be the only one that all of you will listen to. Do you not remember what happened when Rafal returned?”

She nodded and turned to face Dovey and they smiled at each other before a book appeared in the centre of the table with Dovey’s finger glow. “This is the rule book, we have the usual ‘respect your elders’ and ‘always attend lessons’ but there are a few that even i don't like. We also have side specific rules.”

The schoolmaster nodded before opening the page to the first page and reading through the rules, they seemed fair, then she turned to the next page. “Nevers must wear correct clothing; no silk, satin or linen.”

The redhead groaned, she looked to the next one. “Evers must wear correct clothing; short dresses are forbidden unless specified, no dark colours, gender specific clothing is mandatory, outfits must be appropriate for royal functions.”

SHe turned to Dovey. “Unless specified?”

The dean flattered for a few moments before smiling. “Yes, we have had some girls in wheelchairs and ball gowns tend to get stuck. Or with other disabilities, like Lesso’s, where they may need access to their legs in case of pain or such.”

Scripta thought for a few moments. “Maybe we should let them choose the length of their skirt, within reason, i don't want any midthigh dresses in the middle of winter. Can we agree that weather appropriate skirt length is a better one?”

A hand on the evers side went up. One of the princes, of course, Scripta sighed before nodding at him. “What if they start distracting the males with skirt length, it would be horrific for their grades, as well as staff.”

The schoolmaster cringed. “If you are distracted by schoolgirl’s skirts then you should not be working in a school. As for the students, I assume that is who you were on about, then they need to learn that clothing is not consent. Anyone else?”