Chapter 9

Leonora sighed as she walked up to the large double doors leading to the library.

She was starting to regret her decision of leaving Dovey and Scripta alone together, the laughing could be heard outside the door. She slowly placed her hand on the doorknob and listened to the two women talk about the staff at the school for good and how Lesso doesn't get along with them.

She heard Scripta chuckle after saying how she had been tested by the dean of evil to see if she had a talent and how flustered the redhead had seemed when she saw the drawing of herself in the textbook. No, that was enough, she needed to get her settled after all.

She opened the door with perhaps a little more strength than perhaps necessary before announcing her presence with a rather loud cough. The two other women shared a glance before letting out a laugh.

Clarissa turned to Leonora with a gentle smile. "Scripta was just telling me about her efforts to learn your curriculum. Dont you feel as if she deserves a reward for that?"

Scripta gave Dovey an elbow to her shoulder before staring at the exposed waistcoat that the dean was so elegantly flexing. Where had her coat gone? Why was she just being stared right back at? Why was her face so warm? Why was Clarissa grinning like a Cheshire?

She coughed into her hand before looking at the small smile gracing the never's lips. "No, Clarissa is being silly. I was doing it of my own free will because it interested me. She's trying to twist a story out of nothing."

The redhead smirked. "Really, that's a shame. My doom room hasn't had much use. I'm sure you would enjoy it."

The reader grumbled as she threw her head into her hands. "Of course, you add to it. Anyway, Clarissa was telling me how you torture children in your spare time."

The good dean just thinned her lips while taking a sip from her teacup. "Depending on who you ask, her lessons count as torture which means that she does it for a living too."

Leonora gave a tilt of her head. "Dove, according to me, sitting through your lessons is worse than grating my hand on a cheese grater, repeatedly."

The dean just hummed before turning to Scripta with her hand extended and a smile on her lips. "It was a pleasure to meet you dear, even if Lesso kept you away from me for the entire day. I do hope we'll get the chance to talk soon."

The reader chuckled before shaking her hand and standing up. "I will bid you goodnight as it seems that Villy over there wants me to get my ass into bed."

The ever gave a disapproving hum before giggling as the woman did an imitation of a princely bow with her hand extended out toward Clarissa. "I will see you again, my princess."

The blonde rolled her eyes before pushing the hand away, "oh please, the wine has gotten to you. Now go with the never over there before she blows up my tea set again with her temper."

Scripta tilted her head and chuckled as she stood back up straight. "Again?"

Leonora just nodded. "I have been known to be... explosive."

The reader and dean of good chuckled. Clarissa just looked at Scripta with a small smile. "Be careful with her, she might strike you in your sleep. Lock your door."

The redhead placed a hand to her chest in faux offence with a gasp tumbling from her lips. "I would never harm a guest, especially one that I quite like. Not without their consent first. I may be evil but I'm not a monster."

Scripta wanted to say something but held her tongue and just looked at the dean of evil with a concerned smile. "I'm sorry, I'm not really... y'know."

The redhead raised an eyebrow in interest. "Not really what?"