Chapter 30

Lesso relaxed into her chair as she waited for the inevitable arrival of her partner.

It was going to be a long day, a long day filled with her trying to keep her composure while Scripta was in the same room as her. Perhaps she could convince her to show her talent to her classes. It would be interesting at least.

Her gremlins could see what real effort put into improving someone's talent looked like.

She did briefly think back to the night before when she was being held down with her wrists above her head, Scripta letting her warmth travel across her body from her hips to her stomach to her chest to her...

"I can throw fire!"

Leonora turned toward the door that had swung open. Her eyes looked upon the dishevelled form of her partner and she thinned her lips before smiling reluctantly. "you... can throw fire? When did...When did that happen?"

Scripta flicked her hair out of her face as she grinned. "This morning. Quilly won't speak to me, I almost burnt my book. She got a hug but is still pissed."

Lesso nodded slowly before finding her cane and standing. "Scrip, would you please run me through how you found out?"

The reader flushed and looked down with a guilty smile. "um, I don't think you really want to know."

The dean began walking toward the brunette. "Why? What the fuck did you do this time?"

Scripta chuckled as she shuffled slightly.

"so, um, I may have also figured out how to block you out of my dreams, because, well, I had a nightmare of the night that Scarlett died. As in I was watching. I was angry at myself, like, really angry, I couldn't move, my fire started roaring. The next thing I see is a younger version of myself on the floor and burnt to a crisp, apparently you throw fire a lot like you throw a ball."

Lesso stood in front of the woman as she nodded along with slight concern. "Right, so, you can block me from your dreams now, I do not like that, it makes me think you have things to hide. Also, you can throw fire, you are now a fire hazard, why do all your improvements happen when I'm not around?"

The reader smiled as she pulled on the black leather gloves the Stroian had given her. "Well, to be fair, both times have been in dreams, and you were going through my mind when it happened."

The dean chuckled before placing her hand on the reader's cheek. "You dream of me? Hm, and you didn't tell me... Perhaps you are a never."

Scripta chuckled after thinning her lips. "um... I don't know how to respond to that, you enjoy it when I dream about you?"

She laughed. "Of course I do, it lets me know that you're obsessed with me, can't get me out of your head, want me, desire me, that I'm your favourite, however you want to phrase it. Above all else, I enjoy teasing you about it. It's delightful watching you squirm."

The reader gulped as she watched the Dean come ever closer to her. Why was she looking at her like that?

Then she was pressed into the door with her arms held above her head, Lesso's cane clattered on the floor and a hand on her neck."You, you, you... unfortunately you were stuck on my mind last night after our little... Rendezvous. You left me tied up there while you went down to have a little chat with Quilly. That was uncalled for."

Scripta squirmed in the tight hold briefly. "Leo, we have class in a few moments, I really don't think that now is the time to let off some steam."

Lesso chuckled with her head between her reader's neck and shoulder. "It really is a shame, let's see how far we get before people hear you begging for me."