Chapter 40

Leonora sighed as she gave her lover a glare. “I am not being the one to take him. You could at least tell him where he is going to end up in the morning. Surely you remember what it was like?”

Scripta shrugged. “Yeah. I screamed my guts out, but isn't that what it's like for all readers?”

Lesso frowned. “Olivia was rather calm considering. Still, he can't be treated the same, especially if he is to go to the other one.”

Scripta sighed. “You go and tell him, I don't understand why we can't just take him.”

Leonora chuckled nervously as she fiddled with her neckline. “You may be above Dovey and therefore free from consequence but I am not. I would rather it if my clothing stayed grey and not pink.”

The brunette chuckled before fixing the neckline and swiping down her dress. “But you would look so dashing in pink, my perfect prince.”

The dean scoffed before bringing the schoolmaster's hands to her own face with a smile. “Dear, to you I would look dashing in an apron and chef's hat made of glitter.”

Scripta gave her a grin. “There's a thought, Leo. Now, do me a favour and get the child before I have you tied up in my tower.”

Lesso scoffed again. “Don't threaten me with a good time.”

The brunette raised an eyebrow. “Not in my room or on my bed, I'll leave you tied to the floor in front of Quilly. You can spend an entire day with her, won't that be fun?”

The redhead frowned. “Not what I had in mind, is that really what you would do if i dont go and get him?”

A simple tilt of her head was the only answer, she sighed before finally resigning. If she fucked this up at least she would only have to deal with the quill. It was better than any punishments her twisted mind had come up with. She had to remind herself that no matter how neverish Scripta was, she was still part ever.

Just as she was about to open the door a hand clasped onto her shoulder. She was about to turn around and tell her lover off when she realised that it wasn't Scripta but Deauville. Apparently her mind had blanked out the world around her as her lover stood with her head down as if she had been scolded.

Deauville looked thoroughly annoyed so she took her hand away and turned fully to her. “Is something wrong, do you suddenly disagree with taking children?”

She smiled and Lesso could feel herself stiffening slightly, that was the smile she always used on her as a child when she had done something wrong. “You two are more than welcome to stay in my home when you need to. However, if I have to hear you two going on about tying each other up, I will not hesitate to throw you to the wolves. Quite literally, understood.”

She knew it wasn't a question so she just nodded with a strained smile. “Of course. I understand it plainly.”

She patted her shoulder with a smile before nodding as she left the two alone again Leonora turned to find Scripta barely holding in a laugh. She looked up with a grin. “At least she didn't hear us earlier.”

“I did!”

They both chuckled before lesso turned to the door again. “Leave me be while I try to bond with my new child. I would rather if we were alone while I explain to him what is happening, he still thinks that you are a murderer.”

Scripta smirked. “But I am… besides, aren't you also?”

Leonora snorted as she began to open the door. “So is Dovey and yet we choose to ignore the fact.”

She could hear her lover’s quiet laugh before the door was shut and suddenly she was left alone, in a room, with a sleeping teenage boy who didn’t know who she was. Not creepy at all.