five

evelyn slammed her car door shut as she was parked beside the chateau, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the sight of a big black SUV sitting infront. the door was swung open, while jj's backpack sat on the poarch.the pogues immediately noticed evie as they hid in john b's chicken coop and quietly banged on it as if to get her attention, but evie didn't notice and made her way inside notheless.

" john b " she called out, stepping inside. " jj ? " she tried, but her eyebrows nearly shot up into her hairline when two men rounded the corner and stood infront of evelyn.

" who the hell are you ? " she asked, halfway convinced she walked into the wrong house but the sign which read ' suck my ass ' in the corner confirmed that she was indeed in the right house, with a hand on her hip while the two men shared a look, before the one of the left pulled out a gun and aimed it straight at the brunette.

" what's going on?" evie questioned, looking around very clearly confused.her heart was beating rapidly in her chest as she raised her hands slowly, attempting to swallow the lump in her throat. 

" where's routledge " one of the men grunted, voice hoarse as if he had smoked for the last twenty years.  " i don't know, i thought he was here " evie replied her voice trembling. the shorter man didn't like her answer, thrashing the gun against her side causing a gash in her hip. 

evie gasped, looking down at the red beginning to spread down her denim shorts.  i'll ask you one more time princess. where's john booker routledge " the man asked, evie gulped glancing to the window where she saw john b and jj frantically waving, before sprinting back the rooster hut. then it clicked, it was the square groupers from the marsh. 

" i don't know " evie cried, stepping back slowly as she could see jj motioning her over in a panic. evie quickly turned on her heel and was able to slam the door shut behind her before the men even moved a muscle. she moved one of the chairs infront of the door and made a dash to the hut while the men slammed there body weight into the door.

" jesus, evie ! " john b yelled, as evelyn sprinted into the hut crashing straight into kiara's arms who was sobbing. " what have you done ? " evie questioned john b, pushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear as kiara's face was still buried in the crook of her neck while jj breathed a sigh of relief. 

" you have terrible timing " dead panned pope, wiping the beads of sweat from his forehead while evie laughed pulling away from kie. " you scared me, evie " she sighed to which the brunette smiled apologetically.

" what the hell was that" evelyn asked, to no one in particular while jj's eyes widened at the blood dripping from evie's waist. " evie, what is that? " he asked, his hands on her shoulders holding her in place. he looked pissed. 

john b quickly spun her around and eyed the wound with his jaw clenched. "those motherfuckers" john b spat, moving to make his way out of the rooster hut his eye trained on the two men going to there car.

" hey,hey,hey. you wanna get shot? what good you 'gonna do with a bullet in your head " jj questioned, keeping his voice quiet as evie put her hand onto john b's arm. "'i'm fine,jb, i promise" she spoke, trying to keep her voice steady to not scare john b. 

" okay, but you need to let pope fix you up" john b berrated, sounding like an overprotective dad but evie knew he meant well and therefore nodded. " their gone, lets go back inside " pope instructed, to which the group began making there way out.

" shit, guys, look at the door " kiara pointed out looking at the door that was now on the floor along with the broken chair. john b turned to evie with a deadpan look as he saw her put the chair under the door causing the girls eyed to widen." it was me or the door, john b ! " she whined, scoffing her arms over her chest but groaned when the action caused blood to now go on her sweatshirt.